Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows moderator required - suggestions?

• 02-03-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

As the topic says, this forum needs a dedicated mod. Do the regular users have any particular suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Capt'n Midnight knows his stuff

the makings of a great mod imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tman wrote:

+1 here aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

kaimera wrote:
    tman wrote:

+1 here aswell.

+1 here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

While I'd love to nominate myself, Capt'n midnight is the clear winner here, Not to mention he wouldn't make smart-assed comments like Moriarty. Make him the mod here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

me me me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

+1 here too.
    And here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Captain Midnight declined the job - asked before xmas - as did Sico (who suggested CM).

Of course, qwertz, you realise that anyone who nominates themselves probably is not the right candidate ;)

Names, more names, lots of suggestions and nominations...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Trojan wrote:
    Of course, qwertz, you realise that anyone who nominates themselves probably is not the right candidate ;)

Damn it. There goes that idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Capn Midnight hes our hero gonna take Open Source down to zero!!!!!

Anyhoo he obviously wasnt asked correctly , with the pain and eye stabbing technique.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've always love the windows forum, was a great read for me, but since technology was renamed to computers everything (software-ish)have been stuck in there.

i still love reading the windows forum as it's great as you know microsoft products don't always run 100% brilliant all the time and you can usually find your answer to your problems there.

It still needs a mod though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Alright. You you you :)
    Trojan wrote:
    Captain Midnight declined the job - asked before xmas - as did Sico (who suggested CM).

Names, more names, lots of suggestions and nominations...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

qwertz wrote:
    Alright. You you you :)
    You do realise that Trojan has no say whatsoever about who gets mod.

He's probably just killing time or playing with people's heads or summat.

:p

My vote now goes to that Colm{MSFT} or whatever guy. He knows Windows anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seamus wrote:
    You do realise that Trojan has no say whatsoever about who gets mod.

He's probably just killing time or playing with people's heads or summat.

:p

My vote now goes to that Colm{MSFT} or whatever guy. He knows Windows anyway.

yeh colin knows his stuff alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've been asking for a mod for this forum for some time and believe that Dev will mod whoever is judged best for the job.

Colm{MSFT} -- works for MSFT?

Trojan wrote:
    I've been asking for a mod for this forum for some time and believe that Dev will mod whoever is judged best for the job.

Colm{MSFT} -- works for MSFT?
    Yes he does. I once reported a problem on here and he was able to reproduce it on a machine in Microsoft. MSN was sending me to the South African site if I used Ireland as my region. It seems to be fixed since msn.ie launched. :)

*begin shameless plug* I think I'd make a good mod on here, I'm a certified field service technician and can do pretty much anything with Windows. I'm familiar with all of the following versions: 1.0, 2.03, 3.00a, 3.1, NT 3.1 and 3.51, 95, NT 4.0 WS, 98, ME, 2000 Pro and Advanced Server, XP Home & Pro, 2003, XP AMD64, whew. C'mon, test me!!

Windows is my life, lol, I'm never away from it! Although I'd recommend Colm(MSFT) when I'm not blowing my own trumpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The admins ahve the final say and plugging yourself as a mod really doesnt go down well with Devore. He has a little black book of all the people who have wanted to be mod.

irishgeo wrote:
    The admins ahve the final say and plugging yourself as a mod really doesnt go down well with Devore. He has a little black book of all the people who have wanted to be mod.
    lol, I just wanted to chance my arm, wouldn't be spotted otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Infini wrote:
    While I'd love to nominate myself, Capt'n midnight is the clear winner here, Not to mention he wouldn't make smart-assed comments like Moriarty. Make him the mod here.
    yeh but....its moriarty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

hes sarcastic i bet he would ban everything.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    hes sarcastic i bet he would ban everything.

How'd he end up as a mod in the first place?
    Btw is there anyone else here who can think of a good mod for this forum?
    Come on, Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I Think i would make a good mod, I have a knowledge of Windows as studying it in college, Have access to boards, All Day everyday.And Think i am mature enough to Mod the task in question.But i would like to say Mutant_Fruit otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Capt Midnight gets my vote

He was already ruled out, Unfortunately. I would have nominated Cyberghost who browses this forum occasionaly but he's not interested. Anyone else know anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

I was very active on the Computer / Windows forums a couple of months ago (Got pee'ed off answering the same Q's all the time)
    Anyways if your stuck let me know,

Thanks, JoePC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

joePC wrote:
    I was very active on the Computer / Windows forums a couple of months ago (Got pee'ed off answering the same Q's all the time)
    Anyways if your stuck let me know,

Thanks, JoePC

Plus one for JoePC in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I seem to recall Colm[MSFT] posting some Windows-biased ocksboll on the Unix forum a few times in the past. It's no use having someone with a lot of Windows knowledge here if they're unfairly biased.

Also, there's no requirement that the mod here knows Windows backwards either. More important is an interest in the forum itself, and a level head.

And to contradict everything I've posted above, I vote Moriarty! Sometimes entertainment is more valuable to me than diplomacy :)

Sico wrote:
    And to contradict everything I've posted above, I vote Moriarty! Sometimes entertainment is more valuable to me than diplomacy :)

Oh dear god don't make him a mod here! I'd nominate joePC for the job. I'm interested in the job myself but as long as the new mod here is fair and doesn't have a rep for provocative sarcasm I'd be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

joePC wrote:
    (Got pee'ed off answering the same Q's all the time)

Thats what stickies are for.

A moderator doesnt necessarily need to have detailed knowledge(although useful) of the forum. Just has to make sure that the content is relevant to the forum and people are posting material that doesnt go against boards.ie rules.

Colm[MFST] was very helpful to people when the likes of SP2 came out.

JoePC, ya get my vote. Maybe a poll of all the interested candidates would prove useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Cremo and Infini seem good candidates in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

amp || amz

Advertisement