Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial Vehicles

Options
  • 02-03-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

I'd welcome your sage advice on the following:

For a car to be classified as a 'commercial' vehicle is it sufficient for the back windows to have blackened glass? I'm thinking in terms of an SUV of some description and I've seen a few with the black glass manouevre (rather than a body planel replacing the glass). Also, does it have to be a 3 door model or can you have a 5 door commercial?

I'm trying to avoid paying BIK if humanly possible, I pay enough taxes as it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

AFAIK - There must be no seats in the back, 2 up front only. I dont think the glass is that big of a deal but it used to be, some people say they find it difficult to reverse wth no windows and get away with it but the main thing is the seats!! 3 or 5 door is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

gibo_ie wrote:
    AFAIK - There must be no seats in the back, 2 up front only. I dont think the glass is that big of a deal but it used to be, some people say they find it difficult to reverse wth no windows and get away with it but the main thing is the seats!! 3 or 5 door is fine.

My understanding is also that of seats in the front only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Checked it out, neither windows nor seats in the back. However no BIK on 'pool' cars, i.e. ones that can be used by 'anybody' in the company.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 1930hotrod

I brought a american ford bronco truck over. Like a SUV, need to register it, So I took the rear seats out, BUt tinting the rear side windows is not good enough, You guys say it has to be metal instead of blk glass is that correct.
    Any one really know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

not sure about the windows,but if u just took the back seats out ull have to blank out the foot wells,the new vw golf van only has tinted windows in the back,and thats out off the factory if that helps :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 1930hotrod

camarobill wrote:
    not sure about the windows,but if u just took the back seats out ull have to blank out the foot wells,the new vw golf van only has tinted windows in the back,and thats out off the factory if that helps :confused:
    What year camaro do you have. Its not a 91 Z-28 is it.

1930hotrod wrote:
    What year camaro do you have. Its not a 91 Z-28 is it.
    no its a 1969 327/350 convertable power glide/z28 clone,most parts from classisindustries/cal and ebay.only 69 in ireland so its a full time job trackin down parts,good thing all parts are new from the states :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

camarobill wrote:
    no its a 1969 327/350 convertable power glide/z28 clone,most parts from classisindustries/cal and ebay.only 69 in ireland so its a full time job trackin down parts,good thing all parts are new from the states :cool: :cool:

Ah, ive been wondering the same thing myself! I've seen it at several shows, AWESOME car. Black with a white top, right? Ive taken loads of digital shots of it :)

gs39t wrote:
    Ah, ive been wondering the same thing myself! I've seen it at several shows, AWESOME car. Black with a white top, right? Ive taken loads of digital shots of it :)
    thats the one rebuilt it over the winter,looking forward to its first run out :) wackey rally friday,18th, :cool:

camarobill wrote:
    thats the one rebuilt it over the winter,looking forward to its first run out :) wackey rally friday,18th, :cool:

From the LOOK of it, it needed nothing. Kinda like my Mustang i suppose......which hasnt moved in 8 months. What did you rebuild?

• Advertisement

gs39t wrote:
    From the LOOK of it, it needed nothing. Kinda like my Mustang i suppose......which hasnt moved in 8 months. What did you rebuild?
    rebuild :rolleyes: replace all interior,windscreen,dash,bumpers,guards,rag top,lights,chrome,door handles,exhaust,bages,plates,complete front end rebuild,brakes overhauld,new centre consell,piller posts,fuel/water pumps,four new shocks.new coil springs,tyres,grill,z28 stripes,engine service/tuned,plugs pints etc etc,engines rock solid leave it till next year.tired broke and nearly devorced,whats wrong with the pony :confused:

I pm'd you, to avoid being labeled a thread hi-jacker :)

gs39t wrote:
    I pm'd you, to avoid being labeled a thread hi-jacker :)
    nice one gary pm,me if ur stuck for any help ;) c u at the next show with ur motor ;) all going well :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Magpie wrote:
    I'm trying to avoid paying BIK if humanly possible, I pay enough taxes as it is.

It's irrelevant if the vehicle is a "commercial" or not. If you are provided with a 5 series beamer or a Ducato van you still have to pay BIK. To avoid paying BIK the vehicle must be garaged at the registered place of business outside of business hours.

Advertisement