Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cassette to CD ?

• 02-03-2005 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I need to convert a cassette to a CD, wheres the best place in Dublin city center ?

Any idea of costs ? , need about 5 copies of CD.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

I'm an Idiot.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Have tv card that lets you make mp3s etc from tape cassettes via a line in. There is a little deprecation of sound quality, depending on waht volume the tape is played at.

The telly card is a winfast tv2000 xp expert. You connect the wire from regular pc speakers to line in port and earphones port of tape player. Play it on a lowish volume and record your mp3/whatever. Should be no problem converting mpo3 to cd format. Probably can encode directly to cd forrmat dunno never tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Stitchface

you dont need anything fancy, if your stereo has an audio out jack (the little red and white sockets) u can use that just get this kind of cable

http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=1999&type=6&path=11x153x525

and then plug one end into your stereo and the other into the mic port on your pc and download some sort of freeware to do it with, i THINK when i done it i used a program called "super mp3 recorder proffesional" and then converted it into a .wav and used a program called "wave repair" to remove any cracks or hisses. then burn to your hearts content!

Advertisement