Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone play vanilla 1942 anymore?

Options
  • 02-03-2005 4:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys ive been away from the whole BF scene for many months [couldnt keep up with patches and mods on isdn] but since i got ADSL last week ive been catching up on all the patches and mods for 1942 and vietnam.
    There are plenty of BFV servers to be found although not near as many as i can remember but even worse there seems to be a lot less BF 1942 servers than before.
    I still love all the BF series of games including 1942.
    I know its inevitable that a game eventually looses the amount of servers it once had but today on all seeing eye with European only server selected im finding less than 100.
    Is BF 1942 really on a slippy slope since i was last in tune with it and its community?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Short answer yes :D

But ASE finds nearly 3000 servers for me.
    983 vanilla with 4000 playing right now this minute.
    390 servers with 1505 playing in Western Europe (i dont go beyond that)

I still play prefer it to other versions.

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yep getting 1000s of servers now :)
    Musta had somtin wrong in ASE.
    Let us know what servers you play on m8.
    I must say i do prefer the WW2 era than nam or modern warfare.
    You gotta love scoring higher with the engineer class and your trusty old K98 than the tank and plane whores :)
    One question ,as i say i havent played in so long ,how long is the m1 garand included,or was it always?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dcully wrote:
    I must say i do prefer the WW2 era than nam or modern warfare.
    You gotta love scoring higher with the engineer class and your trusty old K98 than the tank and plane whores :)
    One question ,as i say i havent played in so long ,how long is the m1 garand included,or was it always?

Me hugs Dcully, single shot rifles a true test of skill altho im quite impartial to the tanks.

Garand only in the levels where you US in the original all Allied engineers had it now they have different ones for each country.

Play as [DaDs]Kdjac

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I still play.
    Usually the roommate and myself play at the same time
    on the fast UK servers. :)

Favourite

Bugs UK (Omaha Beach)
    Univeristy of Teeside
    [Ghosts] El Al, Bridge, some other level

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AYe, but I'm usually on DC_Final, on Nukes DC_Bridge server. Sometimes on the vanilla servers, tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement