Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLI - performance and value

Options
  • 02-03-2005 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Gigabyte do a bundle with a socket 939 sli mobo with a two-in-one 6600gt's for just over €500 here

They claim 14.3k in 3D2003 compared to 12.7k for a single 6800 ultra setup. This is surely amazing surely? :eek:

*feels new pc building itch starting again*

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

OCuk are doing a deal on that at the moment. I think the jury is still out on it.
    Tomshardware some spec and tests. I reckon its a gimmick. If it was the case why dont they do it to two cores for the Ultra and clean the floor with ATI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

There's a review of it in this months custom pc mag, just got it.. They give it 71%
    Check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It outscores a 6800 ultra in 3D2003, 3D2005 and Aquamark by a large margin :eek:

a mobo + 6800 ultra is a lot more expensive than the 3D1!

I've read a few reviews now and the big drawback is that the dual 6600gt card can only be used in the mobo the packages comes with, so you'd be stuck come upgrade time. Two separate 6600gt's can be sold on and if you start with say a single 6800gt you could always add another one later

Everybody seems to be very impressed with the performance though...

Advertisement