Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage "Condition"

Options
  • 02-03-2005 5:14pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads
    Has anyone ever heard of anything similar.

Applied for mortgage there in January for a self build. Requirement for Engineer was to have indemnity insurance which he does.

So sent in all the paperwork and forms etc, got approval, put in place house insurance, life cover etc etc.
    Contracts signed on the site, ready for drawdown on the site there yesterday.

Got a call from the mortgage company who tell me that they will not give us the money as they see that on the form from my engineer he does not have 10 year experience on his own!!
    Got onto him and he has overseen loads of house builds with other banks without issue, now they try and swing this one on us

To say I am fupped off is a major understatement, I have now wasted 7 weeks, money etc, have I any ground to stand on, can they actually do this??

Is there some "body" that I can contact for free advice as this is disgraceful

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

sorry to hear that yop,

although i dont have any answers for you I would recommend to copy your post and place it in the house & mortgage section of www.askaboutmoney.com they give great advice with tips and support etc there.

i assume you have a solicitor, maybe you could speak to them about it.

Hope this helps and things will work out for you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just get the engineer added tot he mortgage company's list of approved people. The 10 year thing is probably an initial stance from them rather than an absolute rule.

I assume the engineer is a member of the www.iei.ie etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dont tell me, bank of ireland?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

No, First Active.
    There was no accomadition with them, they even sent the site cheque in the post and thought "I would get a more experienced engineer", the bloody cheek

Advertisement