Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eve scam(er)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great read. Anyone know if it's true or if there was any other fall out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Wow, very long but an amazing story. He's a fantastic writer.j

I'm dumbfounded, wish I'd thought of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It's true, and a few other people have also done similar things in eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I read that before.. great story and I'd say its true enough alright... I've read others like it, you can find story's dumped all over the eve-online forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The writer tends to write themselves as the hero. Wouldn't surprise me if Frostt was an alt too.

You could say they were taking roleplaying to the next level though.

• Advertisement

In fairness though, he IS the hero. Its a supreme example of capitalism succeeding, which is clearly what EvE is meant to emulate.

He's writing a warning, while at the same time getting some attention.
    Also I love his points about mining... people sit their for hours with little bits of rock floating into their ship, basically sums up the game, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Well worth the read. feel sorry for that headhunter guy or whatever his name was.....
    I need a new mmorpg when the fork is Wow getting back in the shops?!?!?!

Ivan wrote:
    In fairness though, he IS the hero. Its a supreme example of capitalism succeeding, which is clearly what EvE is meant to emulate.

Someones been studying "The Martha Stewarts guide to Capitalism". Scamming isn't capitalism.

Its simply taking it to its next logical step. "Cheat the customer of as much money as possible" becomes "Cheat the Customer".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

i like his writing style :D

"He was breathing heavily, his lungs desperately grabbing for the heroic air molecules that would be pumped through his evil, bloated arteries."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

id heard about this before, good to read the fully story

i just wish eve wasnt so boring

Do a search on Peter Ludlow. He was the one banned from the Sims for reporting the online prostitution rackets and other mafia type goings on. If you can find the actual orginal documents they are worth reading too.

Advertisement