Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any decent route finder websites for ireland?

Options
  • 02-03-2005 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Apart from the AA which is a bit limited, something for Dublin city would be handy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Found this one, its not bad.

Why not try a route-finder program theres loads of them out there, some are free. The Microsoft one is brilliant but will cost you a bit.

http://www.maporama.com

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

I opened that site and did a quick test: Galway to Dublin. It suggested going via Tuam - Athlone- Mullingar! I don't think I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

anyone use the ms one? any good for dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

The MS one doesn't have the capability to find a street address in Ireland but if you know the two places you wanna go to and from then you can just select them on the map...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

fletch wrote:
    The MS one doesn't have the capability to find a street address in Ireland but if you know the two places you wanna go to and from then you can just select them on the map...

The latest version of MapPoint is very good. In some cases street addresses were listed AFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Peace wrote:
    The latest version of MapPoint is very good. In some cases street addresses were listed AFAIR.
    That is correct for most of Europe but not for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Wheelnut wrote:
    I opened that site and did a quick test: Galway to Dublin. It suggested going via Tuam - Athlone- Mullingar! I don't think I will.
    depending on the date of map used by the site, thats not actually that far off
    would be quicker than being stuck in moate/loughrea on a friday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

I use the dublin transport offices walk/cycle route planner
    www.dto.ie

it's dead handy for short distances in dublin, goes down to street name and house number for most of city center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Try Mapquest

It's not exactly a route planner, well it is for the UK. It's the best for maps, and includes streetnames.

Here is the link for AAireland auto router

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry cant figure out how to use that for ireland?

Advertisement