Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Chelsea Scandal

• 02-03-2005 9:14pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This just in...
    Mourinho Taps Self Up, Denies Claim

The latest rumour to rock Stamford Bridge sees Chelsea manager José Mourinho once again come under fire, this time for allegedly tapping himself up at a London hotel this weekend. The rumour surfaced after a hotel employee leaked details of Mourinho's bill to the press.
    "I reckoned something was up when he rang reception to request the extra cable package for his room", said the source. The extra package comes with a host of exotic channels, including Chelsea TV. Mourinho is assumed to have ordered the add-on package so as to be able to study his latest target at close range.

No stranger to these type of allegations, the Chelsea manager is recently reported to havemet with England stars Steven Gerrard and Ashley Cole in a bid to lure them into joining his Chelski revolution. This, however, is the first time he is accused of tapping up a manager.

"He's had a go at pretty much everyone else in the Premiership, so it was only a question of time before he targetted himself", commented Ken Parkes, chairman of the Pensioners Independant Supporters Club. Reaction is mixed among Blues fans, with some furious at the claims and others pragmatically admitting that such actions are just part of the modern game.

Mourinho is known to be a long-time admirer of himself, so it comes as little surprise to most fans that he is now said to have tapped himself up, possibly on several occasions, inthe privacy of his hotel room.

Asked to comment, the Chelsea boss vehemently denied the claims, saying "It's ridiculous, it's a nonsense, typical of the English press. What José Mourinho does in his hotel room is Jose Mourinho's business and I can tell you this for a fact, that business is entirely between him and me." He added, "I've spoken to myself only this morning, and I can safely say these rumours are rubbish. If I say it's not true, then that's good enough for me, end of story".

Mourinho has often been praised for his hands-on approach to man-management, and it would seem that if the Chelsea manager had been talking to himself, he would be the first to know. However, he has also built a reputation as a shrewd behind-the-scenes operator, so if anyone were to pull it off, it would no doubt be Mourinho who'd get his hand in first.

Comments

Advertisement