Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone watch new 'Scrubs' (419 - My Best Laid Plans)?

• 02-03-2005 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Really enjoyed this episode.

Better post in spoiler tag's for anyone watching on Network 2.

Had some very funny moments in my opinion...
    the moments without Heather Graham! :D along with Cox's maniacal laugh when the Janitor's van blew up.

And also some nice emotional moments to boot: Carla and Turk's marriage problems will probably build up to a cliffhanger in the season finale. And Janitor and Elliott's heart-to-heart near the end.

But the best part of the episode.....
    Zach Braff's direction. I absolutely loved the slo-mo / fast forward (i know that makes no sense to anyone who hasn't seen the episode) camera motions. And Joshua Radin's music over it all in the last 2-3 minute's was brillant.

Anyone else see it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, best episode in a while. The "What would have happened" segments were fantastic. Loved the scene where
    Cox realised Janitor was spoofing him ("I honestly don't think I can have 1 more bite your painful humiliation...")

Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

One of the best episodes this season.
    I loved the Cox/Janitor/Elliot triangle. And how did JD resist Heather Graham?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, a very good episode with some nice direction in it too
    like the 'what if?' moment. The while Turk/Carla thing is certainly going to be the finale plot, be it cliffhanger or not, I'd say there are only 3 more episodes left, given that season 2 and 3 were both 22 eps long. Very emotional and very funny, just as Scrubs is when it's at its peak.

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Janitor got a real storyline.

"..Elliot"

flogen wrote:
    I'd say there are only 3 more episodes left, given that season 2 and 3 were both 22 eps long.

I think that you are right on the 22 episodes long season. Unfortunately there is no air date for the next episode listed on the official site so it looks like we will have to wait a few weeks for the last 3 episodes :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

ElNino wrote:
    I think that you are right on the 22 episodes long season. Unfortunately there is no air date for the next episode listed on the official site so it looks like we will have to wait a few weeks for the last 3 episodes :mad:
    Sorry to drag up this thread but http://scrubs.mopnt.com are reporting that Scrubs Season 4 has been extended by 3 episodes to a full run of 25

That's great news :D although it still looks like that we will have to wait until April for the next new episode :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

This series has brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry to drag up this thread but http://scrubs.mopnt.com are reporting that Scrubs Season 4 has been extended by 3 episodes to a full run of 25
    Yeah.. heard this a couple of days back.

Very good news!

Think the series finale is penned for May 26th in the States.

EDIT: The next new episode will be March 29th in the States. It will be:

"My Boss'S Free Haircut"

JD AND ELLIOT TEAM UP AND TRY TO SMOOTH OVER CARLA AND TURK'S ROCKY MARITAL WOES -- When Carla (Judy Reyes) and Turk (Donald Faison) are experiencing marital difficulties, JD (Zach Braff) and Elliot (Sarah Chalke) do their part to try and cheer up their friends. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) challenges Dr. Kelso (Ken Jenkins) to lead by example and take on a few patients of his own after Kelso criticizes his bedside manner -- but nothing works out quite as planned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

meh, series 4 is nothing on 1,2 & 3 imo
    they seem to have gone for that whole female empowerment thing (its the new flavour for TV in US & A). I think the producers realised that 60% of scrubs audience is female and have started marketing specifically for that audience share, characters like Dr. Molly Clock (<
    DIE DIE DIE!!!! BURN!!) ahem..... she is just like phoebe from friends but multiplied by 50, u could stomach phoebe a bit but Molly Clock is just intolerable, thank god they got rid of her. Elliot and the other women in the show are getting all the social advantages in the show and are made look far superior to their male counterparts, probably payback for Scrubs being the Dr. Cox show for the first 50 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Jazzy wrote:
    meh, series 4 is nothing on 1,2 & 3 imo
    they seem to have gone for that whole female empowerment thing (its the new flavour for TV in US & A). I think the producers realised that 60% of scrubs audience is female and have started marketing specifically for that audience share, characters like Dr. Molly Clock (<
    DIE DIE DIE!!!! BURN!!) ahem..... she is just like phoebe from friends but multiplied by 50, u could stomach phoebe a bit but Molly Clock is just intolerable, thank god they got rid of her. Elliot and the other women in the show are getting all the social advantages in the show and are made look far superior to their male counterparts, probably payback for Scrubs being the Dr. Cox show for the first 50 episodes.

Me thinks you have some women problems. Get a grip. Scrubs rocks :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i can see it ending next season though, Zach Braffs contract is up then so it will be hard to carry the show without him (elliot might take over though). i think braff will want to go on to do films, scrubs is just turning into which guest celebrity is on next (expect David Hasslehoff soon me thinks). i still like the show, problem is its drying up fast

Advertisement