Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with ear cartlidge piercing - need advice!

Options
  • 02-03-2005 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi, I'm new to this forum and don't have any unusual piercings yet!! I stupidly had my ear cartlidges pierced with a piercing gun by someone who wouldn't have been a professional piercer. That was 8 weeks ago! Now here's my problem. The site around the piercing is swollen and I've had to remove the backs of the earrings and use ones with a longer stem. I don't want to let the piercings close. I haven't been to the doctor as it isn't painful.
    Does anyone know what type of earrings I should wear until it heals as piercing gun studs are not ideal type studs? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I'd advise that you get yourself along to a proper piercing studio and let them salvage what they can or remove them. Snakebite would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i agree with blub2k4.
    your cartilage could be shattered which takes a very long time to heal. hell it happened to me years ago and my ear is still bent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah peircings with guns never real ....... i had my ear done when i was about 4 or 5...... still feel it there to this day even though i stopped wearing it years and years ago.

Advertisement