Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone activation

Options
  • 02-03-2005 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

How long does it take Vodafone to activate a sim? I upgraded to a G3 before close of business Tuesday. It is now 28 hours later......

Do I call them in the morning, or is this typical? By the way, it took the most of an hour to get the "paperwork" done. I originally got the phone at Carphone Warehouse, who took 90 minutes to do the "paperwork", after which I swore never to use them again. What is taking so long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it should only be a short while, when I upgraded to 3G it took about 30 minutes from walking into the shop to leaving with a new SIM and handset so it was smooth enough (although since then many issues have arisen from connectivity to billing - but that's another story...)

definately call them, make sure they give you a time it will be resolved, if they miss that time call back... if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of your issue not being resolved quickly enough know how to escalate your issue

be sure to keep a note of any interactions who/when/what was said in case you need to seek advice or report the issue to a third party

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Since Vodafone introduced the new system, called 'onepack', there has been no end of problems. Their systems are constantly crashing, nothing can be put through and nobody has any idea of what they're doing. There are huge delays in waiting to get through to Agent Support. You waiting that long was not only CPW's fault. Vodafone have hardly given us any training on it and jumped into the deep end with it last Sunday. There's old packs and new packs, equipment packs and connection packs as well as old sim packs. A 3G connection is tricker than normal. We've had contracts waiting to go through for days this week because of it. Sim changes are taking just as long. A lot of things end up having to be faxed in to Vodafone so they can do it manually which obviously takes ages.
    Give em a call yeah to see what's happening with it, but I can assure you it's happening to a lot of people at the moment, not just you.

Advertisement