Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Worst Album You Have Ever Paid Money For.......Be Honest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Simpson's Blues Album
    One of the Zig N Zag singles

And on a more high-brow note, bought the really sh*t album by the New Radicals (who had their one hit with 'Get What You Give'). Really poor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

eh embrace...or one of celine dions french albums...argh i was 9 and trying to learn french..eh..in a fun way-boy did that fail, shud of just watched the simpsons in french-im telling u if ur trying to learn a language watch the simpsons-but make sure u'v already seen them in english first..no xcuse for celine dion tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Up the Bracket is my joint favourite album of all time!

It is not sh*te. That album is truly brilliant. After a couple of listens I thought it was a bit average but keep on listening to it. I never get sick of listening to that album 2 and a half years on and very few albums put me in a good mood like Up the Bracket.

Don't believe what this guy has to say. Its a 9/10 album all the way.

Well on the topic Steroephonics ''You've Gotta Go There To Come Back.'' Despite the fact I love their first 2 albums this one is just a load of bland sh*te.
    Are you deaf? Or just stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stroller_burn

Velvet Revolver's Contrabond. I think I listen to it once. All the songs sound the exact same so it got old quickly

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If anyone could explain to me why I might have bought Performance and Cocktails by the Stereophonics I'd be extremely grateful. It's bland beyond belief, the only words that adequately describe it are pure muck. I wouldn't even use the CD as a coaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish. If anyone in Cork wants this for free, PM me (serious offer).
    The D4 - 6Twenty (bought at the height of the "The" band frenzy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Deadnight

Hmm...gotta be 'Spit' by Kittie. I got 'Oracle' as a gift and thought it was kinda cool despite all the tracks sounding quite similar...soooo yeh, I was only 14. That's my excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

'Ferment' by Catherine Wheel

Bought it in a 2nd hand shop for about 3quid many years ago. Still can't work out my reason for buying it as I'd never even heard a note by them before purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

zaph wrote:
    If anyone could explain to me why I might have bought Performance and Cocktails by the Stereophonics I'd be extremely grateful. It's bland beyond belief, the only words that adequately describe it are pure muck. I wouldn't even use the CD as a coaster.

think that is bad i bought J.E.E.P on the day of its release

i think there is a support group for fools like us

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

LOL. Glad I'm not the only one. It's a bloody woeful album and my small brain was obviously in standby mode when that was bought!
    zaph wrote:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The best of the ramones. 50 tracks. All sound exactly alike.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Originally posted by fade2black

The best of the ramones. 50 tracks. All sound exactly alike.

Ah here now, we'll have none of that! What did you expect - variety? It's The Ramones, fer chrissakes, it's all supposed to sound the same, and a good thing too.

Gabba Gabba Hey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Velvet Revolver's Contrabond. I think I listen to it once. All the songs sound the exact same so it got old quickly

Ah it's not that bad, sure it's no Appitite but Fall to Pieces, Slither and You Got No Right are all good songs, the rest are all a bit too similar I'll admit, but they aren't bad songs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish. Oh dear god, I wasted brain cells on that one. It got brought back for Nirvana Unplugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Doctor J wrote:
    Stanger, god help me but it's unlistenable tripe, garbage unimaginative riffs, the gayest lyrics outside of a Linkin Park album and just the worst drum sound ever, in the history of the world, ever. Worse even than Load and ReLoad. I've bought plenty of othr ****e in my time, but that's the one that hurts the most.

yes i'd say that's the worst album i bought too
    or the revs - suck, i hardly even listened to that plus the fact i dont listen to any pop-rock anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Drowning Pool, can't remember the name of the album. Bought it after hearing the song "Bodies". Album was rubbish though. I think there might have been one other ok song on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I bought some tripe when I was about 13 or so.

I have the first Coal Chamber album and it's awful. On the plus side, I hear it was downhill from there.

There's a Tura Satana album as well.

And as someone's already mentioned, Machineheads "The Burning Red" is pretty shocking. I actually liked the two previous to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Deep Blue Something - (can't remember the name of the album). Truly atrocious crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

I bought something by the cardigans once ... *hangs head in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

generally i try to pull positives from all albums i buy - i think its to justify to myself "yeah it cost me so it must be good"

but i suppose it was a cd called the silent majority - by a band called life sex death. terrible band.

lyrics like - " schools for fools etc"
    ill google them later and post them. absolutely awful.and to think they were serious?!? surely not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Yup!!!!! Bunch of Krishnas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

generally i try to pull positives from all albums i buy - i think its to justify to myself "yeah it cost me so it must be good"

but i suppose it was a cd called the silent majority - by a band called life sex death. terrible band.

lyrics like - " schools for fools etc"
    ill google them later and post them. absolutely awful.and to think they were serious?!? surely not.

those lyrics as promised.

life sex and death schools for fools

Intro: What are we/what are we gonna be/what are we?
    Simple to govern, easy to lead?
    A-B-C-D-E-F-G
    Clock's tickin' slow it's a quarter to three
    What do you learn in school
    School's for fools
    What do they teach you now
    School's for fools
    Early in the morning you're late for class
    Schoolboy policeman busts your ass
    Teacher tells you what to say
    Teacher tells you what to say and what to do and teacher tells you when to pray
    A-B-C-D-E-F-G you want to tell your teacher about L.S.D.
    Teacher tells you form a line
    Single file lemmings up against the wall
    Burn the books and save the mind
    What do you learn...nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

those lyrics as promised.

life sex and death schools for fools

Intro: What are we/what are we gonna be/what are we?
    Simple to govern, easy to lead?
    A-B-C-D-E-F-G
    Clock's tickin' slow it's a quarter to three
    School's for fools
    What do they teach you now
    School's for fools
    Early in the morning you're late for class
    Schoolboy policeman busts your ass
    Teacher tells you what to say
    Teacher tells you what to say and what to do and teacher tells you when to pray
    A-B-C-D-E-F-G you want to tell your teacher about L.S.D.
    Teacher tells you form a line
    Single file lemmings up against the wall
    Burn the books and save the mind
    kill me now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vindictive_miss

I bought rhapsody rain of a thousand flames for a laugh, it wasn't even funny just horribly embarrasingly bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 rootofallevil

Suicidal Tendencies - FNG
    Oh christ, such absolutely septic, pierce your eardrums to save yourself crap. didn't realise the title was an incomplete health warning.
    Do not listen to FNG whilst operating sharp objects, ropes or firearms as
    it may cause.........
    "All I want is a Pepsi. You're on drugs! No all I want is a Pepsi." or some such absolute muck lyrics like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Someone bought me a Ricky Martin cd. eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

grace jones island life :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Ph3n0m wrote:
    blasphemy, blasphemy - I declare shennanigans upon your tortured soul

what. They're ****e. Attack of the killer bees... one good song, the rest terrible... killers, flat and plain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Deadnight

Haha, one more to add to that...

'Risk'~Megadeth.

Good god. T'made me want to hurt myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Flinty wrote:
    Mars Volta - De-loused In The Comatorium... absolute muck!

I disagree its a decent album!

Advertisement