Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Worst Album You Have Ever Paid Money For.......Be Honest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

The 4th Oasis album was probably the worst album I ever acquired.... It has grown on me now though, since it appears to be the only album they have in the college bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭9lives

Velvet Revolver's Contrabond. I think I listen to it once. All the songs sound the exact same so it got old quickly

The worst album I bought was Slash's Snakepit's "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere". I said I'd stay away from anything Slash did in future outside of any potential future GnR albums. And 14quid was a lot of money in 1994. Basically the reason I haven't bought the above one (especially after hearing 'Slither').

Other contenders
    - "The World Needs a Hero" - Megadeth
    - "St Anger" - Metallica

Other albums mentioned in this thread
    - "Silver Side Up" - yup, banality personified.
    - "Risk" by Megadeth - I liked it...weakest of their 90 output but much better than "The World Needs a Hero".

-9L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Suicidal Tendencies - FNG
    Oh christ, such absolutely septic, pierce your eardrums to save yourself crap. didn't realise the title was an incomplete health warning.
    Do not listen to FNG whilst operating sharp objects, ropes or firearms as
    it may cause.........
    "All I want is a Pepsi. You're on drugs! No all I want is a Pepsi." or some such absolute muck lyrics like that

you dare besmirch the music of Suicidal Tendencies and specifically the song Institutionalized....well then

May your genitals sprout wings and fly away

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Nickelback....Silver Side Up

......utter crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gillzer

Without a doubt, St. Anger. What a load of shít. If u listen to Kill em All and then St. Anger, its physically painful. Where are the solos? Why does every song sound exactly the f***ing same? Crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭9lives

Ph3n0m wrote:
    you dare besmirch the music of Suicidal Tendencies and specifically the song Institutionalized....well then

May your genitals sprout wings and fly away

Oooh, love 'Instituonalized', although I only have the re-recorded version of the album ("Still Syco After All These Years"). I think it's brilliant.

-9L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

semisonic - all about chemistry

bleuch!!!!!!!!
    (vomits all over keyboardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Audiovent - Dirty Sexy Knights in Paris

Oh god no :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

I bought Supercharger by Machine Head before I read the reviews, suffice to say..

What a load of bollocks it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Nirvana - Nevermind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Metacortex wrote:
    Nirvana - Nevermind
    O, Dear.

Anywho I once bought a "Dog Eat Dog" album - I was young and stupid, I still wake with nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

In czech republic, last €10, so i bought
    Krucipusk- Druide!
    worst...album...ever..........
    for that money i could have bought 30 bottles of budvar at 30c a pop,
    i am a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Drowning pools second album desensitised the absolutely terrible follow up to the classis first album sinner.(r.i.p dave williams)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Probably NOW 46 or some **** ages ago... God its hard to look back on that **shivers** :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

to the guy that said nevermind.joke?
    oh dear?

to the guy that bashed suicidal tendencies and the great instatutionalised i wish to physically if not mentally hurt you... :)
    can't wait to see em at furyfest......

iron maiden-whatever one it was (played frisbee with it,put it in the microwave then the fire then a frame-to remember what can happen)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Staind - Break The Cycle

Im not sure what I was thinking when buying that but I dont even think I listened to the entire CD. :(

to the guy that said nevermind.joke?

No joke and im not a guy. Disgustingly overrated album, very disappointing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i say guy for both sexes(just like sayin hey man!),eh so what are you? :P
    can't remember a bad song from it......it is not overrated people like it for a reason.it's not like i even am a big fan of nirvana but to say it is the worst.....blasphemer:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

My Dad once got "Classic Beatles Hits on the Panpipes" for €3 in Virgin!

Twas so so awful!

He actually went back in the next week & asked for his money back!!!

They laughed & actually gave him the €3 back!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Surely the word "panpipes" in the title would have tipped him off? I've yet to hear anything played on them that doesn't make me want to shove the pipes wide end first up the player's arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Metacortex wrote:
    No joke and im not a guy. Disgustingly overrated album, very disappointing.

+1

:p:p

i say guy for both sexes(just like sayin hey man!),eh so what are you? :P
    can't remember a bad song from it......it is not overrated people like it for a reason.it's not like i even am a big fan of nirvana but to say it is the worst.....blasphemer:)

Well obviously, its not the worst album ever, just the worst i've paid money for, that being the question remember ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

Metallica's St. Anger. Yep that was was ****. ****ed it straight into the bin after I listened to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

St. Anger, All Killer No Filler by Sum 41, dunno why I bought it, thinking back now......And yeah Nevermind is ridiculously overrated.

Metacortex wrote:
    Well obviously, its not the worst album ever, just the worst i've paid money for, that being the question remember ;)

oh ya there was a question! i ignore those trivial things :)
    depends on what you have bought! it would be near the bottom for me too but only cos i buy only great albums, why buy a crap one? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sugarfix

Why oh why did I buy Creed?? I liked One Last Breath as a mellower sort of track, but the "metal" on the album... oh puh-leeeaasse!!!!!

Oh and The Spaghetti Incident. LOVE G n' R but that album is just wrong on so many levels!!!

Didn't think much of Coal Chamber's Dark Days album either... come to think of it... why don't I use the listening posts... *sigh* :confused:

why buy a crap one? :P

Well, it was back in the days before p2p. So i couldn't really download a couple of songs first to see if was any good. I thought it might be good at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Korn-untouchables

Thought i heard it before and thought it was ok. Saw it on sale so said ok.
    I thought very wrong. The first song is ok and then good night. Waste of €7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Radiohead- Kid A. Lasted a total of 3 minutes in my cd player in the car before I ripped that thing out and threw it in the back seat. Unfortunately, i found it a few months later still there.

Honourable mention goes to My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River, not sure what I was expecting but 15mins or grunts was enough for me to never listen to it again. It now has the dubious distinction of being the cd at the absolute bottom of my collection so i never see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Worst album I ever paid money for was probably Ace of Bases' album in 1994 (remember them?) I can honestly say I only listened to it a couple of times. Not that that's any defence!

Advertisement