Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer - June 13th

Options
  • 02-03-2005 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

I've just seen this announced in the upcoming gigs thread but can't find anything official on the web. Does anyone know if it's definitely happening or is it just rumour?

I hope it's true, I'd love to see them again, especially now they're doing the Reign in Blood set.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

This is the detail given on Metal Ireland... Not sure who's bringing them over though!

SLAYER
    Plus special guests, Mastodon
    June 13th 2005 - The Ambassador, Dublin

Tickets: 44.50 (inc booking fee) on-sale this Friday, March 5th from
    Soundcellar, Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll be seeing them at this year's Fury Fest, but it's still tempting! ;) Mastodon are savage good too, wouldn't mind seeing them - I hope they come to France and save me the dilemma - full line up announced April 11th...

Edit:
    Just saw this on Metal Ireland. Typical Irish rip-off prices though :mad:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah its on mcd.ie too. Tickets on sale from Friday, €44.50. I'd expect it to sell out in no time, just like Megadeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Oh man, please not the Ambassador....i hope the venue changes.

Imagine Slayer at the Ambassador - remember the last Megadeth gig there?
    Maybe this Slayer gig will be fully seated. And if you get up "the management reserves the right blah blah" to throw your ass out on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

i am laughing right now thinking how security with their magic torches are going to control the mayhem that Slayer always entices in a crowd :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I thought i read somewhere that tom couldnt sing anymore....... o well im gettin me some tickets!

Ph3n0m wrote:
    i am laughing right now thinking how security with their magic torches are going to control the mayhem that Slayer always entices in a crowd :)

That's the irony... live Slayer, notorious for slaying all in sight, at the Ambassador of all places! The security morons wont know what to do with themselves...
    I thought i read somewhere that tom couldnt sing anymore

Trust me, he'll manage :)

you think if the crowd creates a major pit - we could security getting really brutal with the crowd?

Actually it should be the other way around. Security mingling with the crowd at a SLAYER gig....hm....It's a question of stupidity vs. cojones.
    They are the ones who'll need security.

well as you know, its seems only scum are hired (based on those who were used as "security" during Megadeth) - as they are very casual with the punches they throw and who they stand up against - and the crowd was nowhere near as "violent" or "rough" as Slayer :)

• Advertisement

F*ckin cool!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Ancient1 wrote:
    They are the ones who'll need security.

haha! thats the spirit. :D

That's the thing man...Slayer is just pure brutality live, that's how it has always been. As for the security schmucks, boy are they in for a surprise.
    They're not there to provide "security" for anything or anyone. They are more violent than anyone in the audience and then they delude themselves into thinking that terrorizing paying guests at a (METAL, ffs) gig is somehow security policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

13 of June!!!

Ah **** man its in da middle of the leavin cert :mad:

Yeah go ahead and laugh......

Well, what's more important?

The leaving cert or the entire Reign in Blood album as encore? :D

oh you kids and your education - I remember when I was a youngster, studying by day, doing exams and then at night living the rock n roll lifestyle - and I still managed to get into college

I seriously doubt one gig is going to mess up your exams

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

Pretty true. French n Biology are on the nxt day, when are they going to come in handy?? I should show up fresh from the mosh pit n see how I do.

MUCH rather go see Slayer.
    Its going to sell out in a few minutes if its the ambassador tho.

dellytots wrote:
    Pretty true. French n Biology are on the nxt day, when are they going to come in handy?? I should show up fresh from the mosh pit n see how I do.

MUCH rather go see Slayer.
    Its going to sell out in a few minutes if its the ambassador tho.

What if you wanted to see Slayer in France

"Ou est Slayer et les bieres" - the only phrase you will ever need in France

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

anyway if you don't know your french or biology by then you'll never know it.
    which means im goin to slayer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have had tickets to and missedslayer 3 times i am sure as hell not missing this one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SaXont

U can get them of ticketmaster.ie now!

Mayordenis has already purchased mine,Can't wait i see this as payment for missing megadeth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Linkage? I searched Ticketmaster and all I could find were dates for Donnington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SaXont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Ooooohhh Ill be there, they are savage live. :)

Yazzooo!!! Going. It's going to be so cool, and if those monkeys on the door try and stop me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

slayer in ireland england or france how can i choose! system and slipknot will be in england,suicidal tendencies and ppl will be in france.....and well i live in ireland..

I advise people to shop around - Ticketmaster - huge "handling" fee - Sound Cellar - a measly €1 extra on the ticket price - guess who I bought my tickets from

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ticketmaster = Touts.

Got my tickets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

i'm 17, do yas think dey'll let me in?? should i chance getting tickets?
    i really really want to go

• Advertisement

Well I'm fifteen, I'm going, and if the monkeys at the door try and stop me, there will be... unpleasantness...

Advertisement