Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Virginia

• 02-03-2005 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Due to go the college there in a couple of months, but all I can find out about the place is that it's got lots of mountains! Anyone been anywhere in the county and what was it like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭RyanfromNJ

katnip, what college are you going to? I know WV a little bit... took my medical boards out there... there are ALOT of mountains... not much else to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 katnip

WVU in Morgantown. According to their website they like to play college football, qu'elle suprise ;)

Morgantown is really nice!!! you'll have a great time!! college football is pretty big there... I took my medical boards at Fairmont State College about 20 miles south of Morgantown...

I promise I'm not being xenophobic, but I've never been to that part of the states before. What are the people like? Are the very laid back like N.Y. or more in your face Americans? I just am wondering should I prepare myself for a culture clash with my deep sarcastic side that finds it hard to deal with all things peppy ;)

oh my, people in West Virginia are much different than people in NY.. people in NYC are fast paced, moving, can be somewhat abrasive/rude... in West Virginia, people are much simpler... sort of like people that live in rural areas in Ireland like Trailee... people are very nice there, and the scenery is to die for... email me if ya'd like, and I can tell ya more... my email is: jordanryan@comcast.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I've never been there but I do know a few things about it. You have got the nice Blue Ridge Mountains, but its not all mountains you've also got the beautiful Shenandoah river. Some would say the place is almost heaven. Its not all freeways either, you are guaranteed some winding country roads :D

I wonder how many times I'll have to sing the song before it drives me crackers?? ;)

Advertisement