Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player or Spectator

• 03-03-2005 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

Hey, first post here in the Soccer Forum. (Thanks Pal and P.Pete). Just wondering how many of the people here are just spectators and how many actually play regularly.

Which do you do? 45 votes

I play a lot, but I don't really Watch
    0% 0 votes
    I Watch, But I never Play
    0% 0 votes
    I play and watch regularly
    22% 10 votes
    I Watch, and play from time to time
    40% 18 votes
    I Play from time to time, but never watch
    35% 16 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

I watch loads and loads. Used to play loads but can't since I'm at college and don't have time to play with my club.
    Started off as Striker, then Side/offensive-midfield, and last I play side-back.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

so this is what the soccer forum looks like :D
    I like to watch but dont play.
    I tried playing when I was a kid but I wasnt coordinated enough and I couldnt keep up with the ball
    hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What about putting a differential into the watching side 1. Go to the games and watch or 2. Watch on TV

I go to every home game and play 5's every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i would love to play but my bloody cartriche in my knee [i hope i spelled that right] any way had to give it up

i got the injurie when i was the age of 10 doctors say its very strange for a kid that young to have that problem im looky to beable to walk the doctors say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I think you mean your 'cartilage'?

I Watch, and play from time to time. Starting to play more regularly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I watch, and i like to play, but i'm so crap, the big boys won't let me... *sob*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Both whenever theres a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I play LSL and Astro league and watch on tv whenever I get a chance (doesn't really matter whose playing) also get over to anywhere between 6-15 premiership games a year.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

3rd option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I play 5 a side a couple of times a week and watch anytime I feel there is a match worth watching on, which is at least twice a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I play regulary in the North Tipp league , and watch way too much .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I got from playing 5 times a week to no times a week during exam time.
    I watch at least 6-7 matches a week :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

watch a fair bit of footie, used to play 5 a side and some fun 11 a side games, but i'd a pretty major RTA 3 years ago and broke just about everything, I'm a bit fragile for contact sport now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Looks like Im the only one here who doesnt like watching it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Play Mayo league, play astro once a week, play interfirm once a week, watch soccer every day if I got away with it! ;)

Advertisement