Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A man, a cat, and an ostrich...

Options
  • 03-08-2001 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

A man walks up to the bar, with a big ostrich behind him, and as he stops at the bar, a small cat jumps up onto the bar stool next to him. The barman comes over, regards the three rather curiously,

and asks "What'll it be", to which the man replies "Well, I'll have a pint"

and, turning to the ostrich "what do you want?"

"I'll have a pint as well" replies the ostrich.

The man looks down at the cat and says "I suppose you want a drink too?",

to which the cat replies, "I'll have a half, but I ain't fúckin' paying!".

The barman pulls two and a half pints and says "That'll be three pounds forty please". To the barman's surprise the man puts his hand in his pocket, feels around, and pulls out exactly _3.40 in loose hange, which he puts on the bar. A while later the same thing happens. The man, the ostrich and the small cat come back to the bar.

"I'll have pint" says the man,

"I'll have a pint says the ostrich",

"and I'll have a half, but I ain't fúckin paying" says the cat.

"That'll be three pounds forty" says the barman, and again the man puts his hand in his pocket, feels around and pulls out exactly $3.40. This goes on several times, much to the bemusement of the barman.Finally, as last orders are rung, the man the ostrich and the cat come back to the bar.

"Well" says the man "its last orders, I think I'll have a large scotch", and turning to the ostrich "what do you want?"

"I'll have a large scotch as well" replies the ostrich. Turning to the small cat on the stool next to him,

the man says "and I suppose you want something as well?"

"I'll have a small scotch says the cat, but I ain't fúckin' payin'". The barman rings up the drinks in the till, and says to the man, with a sly grin on his face, "that'll be seven pounds twenty please" To his amazement and disbelief the man puts his hand in his pocket, feels about and pulls out exactly _7.20 in loose change. As the three finish their drinks and are about to leave, the barman cannot contain his curiosity no longer.

"Excuse me sir, but before you leave there is something I must know.....how do you always manage to come up with the exact change from your pocket, every time?"

"Well" says the man, "its a long story, but basically several years ago I looked after an old lady who was well into her nineties, and when she died she left me her old house, nothing special, but when I was clearing out the attic I found an old lamp, and when I rubbed the lamp a genie appeared and offered me two wishes."

"Well that's fantastic" says the barman, "what did you wish for?".

"Well," says the man, "if I ever need to pay for anything I just put my hand in my pocket, and the right money will always be there".

"That's brilliant" says the barman, "most people would just ask for a million pounds or something, but you will always be as rich as you want for as long as you want".

"Oh yes" says the man, "its the greatest thing I ever did. If I want to buy a pint of milk the money will always be there. If I want to buy a Rolls Royce the exact money will be there too!".

As the man turns to go, the barman calls him back and says "one last thing sir, your friends ... we don't get many cats or ostriches drinking in here"

to which the man looks glum and replies "well, that was probably the worst thing I ever did ... you see I had two wishes, and on my second wish I asked for a bird with long legs and a tight pússy".

"A man works hard to keep the wolf from the door. Then his daughter grows up and brings one home..."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

GRooaanann!!!

Excellent, buy that man a Karma.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

Advertisement