Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novice video card questions

Options
  • 03-03-2005 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I have been asked to buy a pc for a friend. He wants it for his kids and they play lots of pc games. He doesn't want to spend too much on the system, say 700 max if possible. I have seen cards alone that cost most of that.
    What I would like to know is what card will offer decent gaming performance with the best bang for the buck at the moment. Does a 128MB GeForce4 5200 fit the bill, or an ATI Radeon 9800 128MB? Is there enough extra grunt with a 256MB GeForce4 6800 to justify the extra cost?
    I don't think his kids are looking for ultimate performance on Half Life 2 or whatever the very latest is, and if they are, he isn't willing to pay for it anyway:)
    Thanks, iwb

Comments

Advertisement