Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me find the tune

Options
  • 03-03-2005 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I think the tune is some kind of remix of seven drunken nights by the Dubliners, but I’m not sure. It´s not the version by the dubliners because that one is too slow. I’ve found a version with flogging molly, but that one also too slow. A part of the lyrics goes; ....you’re drunk you’re drunk you’re silly old fool still you cannot see.............a hundred miles or more........

A friend of mine said it’s completely new and was released in May 2004 but I’m sure he is wrong. It has been played in pubs (I don’t think this version is played in pubs with traditional music) in Ennis and Dublin as far as I know, but since everyone starts to sing when they hear it, it’s probably played all over Ireland.
    The song is really really fast and I love it.
    I just want to know if it is the seven drunken nights and what artist. Or if I’m wrong, what the **** it is I’m looking for.

thanks a million// elin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Could be just the same tune speeded up, sometimes the Dubliners play it fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BOULD THADY

Go to this website "www.mudcat.org." . This site contains a massive amount of folk songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sexy_icecube

I too have heard this fast seven drunken nights while i was on holiday in ibiza with a group of friends. We liked it so much that we decided 2 adopt it as our holiday song. but now we are home and can't find it anywhere.

Did you find it or has anyone else found it?

Thanx Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 12 monkeybusiness

hi guys
    im lucky enough to have a copy of that mad song yer on about! the version i have is by the squealin' pigs, and its on an album called 'Irish Sporting Anthems' from Emerald music company

their web address is www.emeraldmusiconline.com

they might have a list of stockists or something Good Luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sexy_icecube

Hi,

Would you be prepared to send me the file of Seven Drunken Nights?

Thanx Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 monkeybusiness

Hi,

Would you be prepared to send me the file of Seven Drunken Nights?

Thanx Chris

yeah no problem - well I can try anyway!!
    just PM your email and I'll do my best!

Advertisement