Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone update webtext (store contacts)

Options
  • 03-03-2005 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

What is the freakin story with this?

I've logged on at different times to use webtext and sometimes it's changed, allowing me to click names in my contact list to send a text (and about damn time) others, it's back to the normal way. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here already. Someone tell me I'm not losing it and others are seeing it too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

What is the freakin story with this?

I've logged on at different times to use webtext and sometimes it's changed, allowing me to click names in my contact list to send a text (and about damn time) others, it's back to the normal way. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here already. Someone tell me I'm not losing it and others are seeing it too.

I don't get it either. I think the My Vodafone section is being updated. It was also running dog slow 2 days ago (aroudn 1k/s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

yeap same here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Yeah , worst site on the planet ,

Never works probably , always has a problem , can never access emails or anything .

Rubbish Customers Services , 10-15 emails , no response.

I wish they would spend more time on the reliability of the site , instead of redesigning silly new My Acconts sites??

Vodafone __ Absolute Muppets??

02 website and free texts is always more clinical and works alot smoother.

LOL, i'm in now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Where's the bit where you can add contacts from a phonebook?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

ciaranfo wrote:
    Where's the bit where you can add contacts from a phonebook?
    That's what I was saying, it was there sometimes and not others. It was there for a while yesterday and Monday (while I was in work), but gone later (When I went home). There's no sign of it now either. That particular feature is well overdue. It's a bloody good job they give cheap calls.....

Hmm, it wasn't there for me earlier and now it's appeared.

I see exactly what you mean now.

It's a dam good feature and it's about time they've sorted it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Can't get in this morning again to get my emails.

This Vodafone site must be an emotional women me thinks????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

philtaylor wrote:
    Can't get in this morning again to get my emails.

This Vodafone site must be an emotional women me thinks????
    Jeazus there is no way I'd trust that site to hold my mail. Get GMail, knocks the socks of vodafone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

what a **** website. goes down more often and for longer than the best prostitute in bangkok.

reckon its just a ploy to get us to send texts from our phones and not the free ones from the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

seems to be working grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Has anyone used this? The "Add Contact" page is on port 8080, which is blocked here, but I'm gonna add some when I get home.

A long overdue feature if you ask me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yea, it links back to your vodafone messaging (mail,vm) account
    they added it some time last week

But it's not working for some people... randomly you'll get the old setup or the new one. Shame, if they made it work then it would be an excellant feature!

Trouble head - http://tinypic.com/233ddg

Advertisement