Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can You Recommend A PDA

Options
  • 03-03-2005 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

hey,

i was wondering if anyone could recommend me a pda. I cant find much info on the net about it. Perhaps i aint looking in the right place.

i am a student and would use one for

--keeping appointments
    --reading email/surfing net
    --reading pdf's
    --gps if possible

i know the medion's used to be sold in aldi but dont think they have any left.

any help appreciated.

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I've an XDA II - pricey but handy.

Here's a PDA guide:
    http://www.pcworld.com/howto/bguide/0,guid,11,page,1,00.asp

There are magazines on PDAs on sale in Easons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Check out the garmin range if you want gps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Dell have 20% of most of their range of PDA's till the end of the month,

The X30 with wifi/BT is 317euro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Bought a dell X50v last month and am really happy with it. Very expensive though, but i have to have the newest thing anyway. Previously had the cheaper and older X3.
    Practically speaking, the X50v has a vga screen which is both great and a curse, great because it looks amazing when the software supports it, fuzzy when it does not support vga. Looks neater than the X30s, although both have wireless. All the X50 series support BOTH SD and CF which is alot more useful than you would think.
    Put on a decent set of headphones and you have a pretty good mp3 player aswell with windows media player.

Processor is faster and memory larger but I personally haven't noticed any difference in the speed of applications, probably because i keep it on auto to save battery power.
    Plus the X50v gets some interesting games to show off the built in 3d card (games are not all that great to play but who lets that get in the way of a good time, right Doom 3?)

I have only had long term use of Pocket PC but the few times i have used Palm OS i have been struck by how much easier windows is to operate, although that is probably user bias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

thanks for the replies..will investigate further before i decide on what to get

Advertisement