Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf MK4- how to tidy it up best?

Options
  • 03-03-2005 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Want to spray the door handles and bumpers, where do u do that?

Want to lower it 25mm

Need a rear spoiler, any ideas?

Wire mesh in the front bumper, where do I get that?

Add indicators into the mirrors? is that diffcult?

Whats the difference between smoked and normal lights?

Don't want over do it, just tastefully modify it.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I got lexus rear lights for a MkIV for sale. Going cheap. You want them?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

cheers, but not feelin the lexus lights buzz

smoked looks a bit better, especially the red gti type

Bah! Didn't think so, they look manky really, can't wait to get them changed. Bidding on a few on e-bay at the moment. They came with the car in case ye were wondering. Thought they looked cool for a few days but now I can't stand them.

This crowd so some nice lights, wanna get some BCCB's for mine. http://www.somora.ie

There's loads of stuff on ebay.co.uk

What have you got?

just pickin up my golf on sat morn.

didnt want to offend on the lexus lights but they look tacky as, seein them on fiat puntos put me right off them, every knacker that thinks it'll make em look cool is doin it. the smoked lights are the way forward i reckon.

first thing I'm doin is gettin the paint job done, the black plastic looks sh!te

then droppin it 30mm

spolier next

already has nice alloys and a 6 cd changer

so might leather it inside

then finish it with some side skirts and wire front lower grill

what you have?any tips? I'm completely new to this car mod lark

I only got the car last week, the lights are gonna go quick smart though.
    Its "Jazz Blue" which isn't too bad, color coded, tinted windows, sunroof, clear side-blinkers, small rear spoiler, roof bars (need em for surfing but they look ok)

I want to build a car pc for the dash, just getting the hardware at the moment (haven't much money right now).

After that I might put alloys on, not too bothered though. Might get rid of the tints too, not sure.

Not gonna bother getting it lowered or anything, I drive a langer load of country roads, no point.

I like the aluminium trim around the dash cluster mod, looks well.

Got any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To drop the car by 30 mm you will need to buy new suspension springs. You can get cheap ones but the best make to go for are the Ibek (could be spelt wrong) springs. They are highly regarded but you could be looking at around €300 - €400 for a full set. Also please note that the suspension ride will become harder with lowered springs but handling will be much improved due to the lower centre of gravity. It does look nice with a set of 17" or 18" alloys. I can recommend a place in Mallow if your living in or around the Cork area, they do alot of modified stuff to order also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 l337

Out of interest... why do you want a pc in your car... and how do you power it, I assume you are not gonna get something that needs 300w...

Just want to do a custom dash pc for sat nav, music, etc. Found some cool stuff on http://www.mini-itx.com and http://www.dashpc.com

I've got a 12v power outlet in the boot so that's probably where the box will go. There's a guy in the states is taking orders for custom faceplates at the moment, he's on http://www.mp3car.com

I just think it'd be an interesting little project, keep me busy y'know? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭jamesd

ive a kamei mk4 grill for sale - new in box never fitted or sprayed

yeah the aluminum around the dash looks good alright. living in dublin so not much travellin on lager roads. m1 and m50 mainly.

eibach springs, priced them at 260euro, cobra springs are only 160euro

as far as body bits, what does this kamei grill look like?how much dough we talkin?

anyone bought car stuff off ebay from the uk? what the shippin cost like?

• Advertisement

that was supposed to read langer roads but I suppose lager roads could be used cos all the crashes seem to happen down on bog roads normally due to drink drivin, seriously uncool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

stringy wrote:
    cheers, but not feelin the lexus lights buzz

smoked looks a bit better, especially the red gti type
    Try breakers yards for these. The higher spec Golfs come with these as standard.

As for the kamei grill, they look really nice on the MKIV in my opinion.
    GolfIV_jpg.jpg

Their headlight covers look pretty good too.
    44031_jpg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

It seems like everything you are trying to achieve is on the GTI. Why not just buy one instead of devaluing your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

It's a family hatchback for God sake, why not make total tools of yourselves and pop in a nice set of blue head lamp bulbs or how's about some lights on the washer jets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Rosser wrote:
    It's a family hatchback for God sake, why not make total tools of yourselves and pop in a nice set of blue head lamp bulbs or how's about some lights on the washer jets?

funny guy, go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Rosser wrote:
    But a powerful one at that. What's wrong with wanting to have a nice car that's different to your view of a nice car? Don't be so small minded.

As for those washer jets, they look so cheap on any car. I saw them on a 04 BMW 3 series the other day though, I could have cried.
    It seems like everything you are trying to achieve is on the GTI. Why not just buy one instead of devaluing your car?

As for the styling, you can get the colour coded bumpers/door handles and the smoked lights on the higher spec models, it doesn't have to be the GTI. GTI's are expensive to insure and run so maybe he doesn't want one. I would have done a little more research before hand. You would buy the model with what he wants done cheaper than getting the work done after he bought the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Hi Jamesd how much are you lookin for the Grill???

Advertisement