Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humplifunker

Options
  • 03-03-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Just finished a website for my band and would appreciate reviews of my work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I don't know enough about design to review that aspect but I can spot typos.

On "The Music" page:
    A song about a band we know, which we thought would split up. But they didnt. And they still haven't. Go lads.

Harmless Download High Quality | Dowload Reduced Quality
    Have you ever had a friend who no-one really like, but they just keep saying, 'Ah sure he's harmless'. Will this is a song about people who arent harmless.

Typos:
    didnt -> didn't
    arent -> aren't
    like -> liked

Link Manager/Alternative page:
    cant -> can't

Link Manager/Rock page:
    havent -> haven't
    they're -> their

Link Manager/Metal page
    In comment about Contagious: "There messageboards" should be "Their"

I only explored the 'Music' categories in the 'Links' page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Ha. Yeah, I've a reputation for typos. And Im always getting called on it by the singer in the band. I just gave him admin access and told him to fix them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I like the graphical element of the menu to the left, the main body is somewhat prosaic in contract, being a rather staid blue and grey. There is no coherance between the menu and the main content areas, which look like some standard content management system. It's perfectly serviceable, but doesn't set any pulses racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Page cant be validated at all

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.humplifunker.com%2Fv4%2F

but looks good in IE, Opera and Mozilla - so thats a plus

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Design look is a personal choice but as impr0v said the main body could be spiced up a little, it looks a bit like this board (or any board). Maybe even add a graphic on the bottom or on the right with the calendar similar the one you have for the menus, as this looks very well.

Add a little bit of history about the band and its members.

The gallery photos could do with a bit of brightening up.

Consider in the future of adding some video footage of the band playing, 2-3 mins would give a feel of how they look live..!

I'm no expert, far from it, these are just observations. The site has great protential and with time I think it will have a professional feel to it...... if that makes any sense..!!

Do like the graphic as I said and I also like the beat in Harmless..... you see I did more than just look at the site!

Now a question for you; I want to add a log-in to a site of my own - how did you set yours up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

well, that particular website is powered by a CMS called phpWebsite which you can probably download and install on your server yourself. It requires an sql database however. I do have a user login script here which I wrote myself and havent yet put to use. It has multiple usernames, admin panel, password encryption, multi-security levels and more. Its written in php and uses a text file to store the information. All it requires is session control. You can have a copy of it if you want. Or check out http://www.hotscripts.com , its a winner for stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

daram wrote:
    Ha. Yeah, I've a reputation for typos. And Im always getting called on it by the singer in the band. I just gave him admin access and told him to fix them all.
    *I'm*

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Thanks Daram

Advertisement