Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

03 March: Chumps Thoughts

• 03-03-2005 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

I'm out of the competition so don't listen to me... but I though I may aswell throw down my selections fr the day... I'm putting REAL money down on these so have invested a wee bit of study in them! Most I'll be going EW. Maybe an EW Lucky15 or accum.

2.00 Taunton BLUE BROOK.. A poor race according to the racingpost. And what better a race to go for a market mover. I just got him on PaddyPower @ 20's... Has apparently started at 25's and as low as 14 on TotalBet.
    Foolishly decided to go out front for the entire race, which is never a good thing! Drifted terribly at last 2-3 fences! better luck with the next one (i hope)

3.10 Lingfield DOVEDON HERO... It has suggested, and I think strongly believed that if The Violin Player runs his race today, this is a gimme. I'm not so sure, but luckily PaddyPower have the following money back special "If your horse finishes second to The Violin Player in this race, we'll refund your losing single stake. Singles only, max refund €300/£200 per customer." There has been talk of a good chance for Mad Carew and to a lesser extent High Point & Tight Squeeze. I personally am going for Dovedon Hero who I suspect might have something to offer. I'll go a small WIN bet and a good EW bet here.
    Donkey

3.45 Limerick AN CULAINN BEAG... there are 16 horses listed for this race with 3 reserves. Paying 1/4 on the 1st 4. This horse is currently at 6's r 7's. Might he win it? Yes, he has a good chance. Should he finish in the top 4? I think so.
    Pheeew, 1 winner and got him at 7/1...

4.40 Ling PERFIDIOUS... a good ew hopeful. Didn't go for it the last day. If you can get him at a decent price, get on. Was 16s, now 12's on PPower. Tough call whether it's value at that price.
    Came in 3rd... Still paid out e/w

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Cheers Chump. Ive looked at Hordago in the 3.45 at Limerick. Ruby Walsh is on him and has come first and second in his last 2 races over similar distances. Only thing is he's carrying 11/4, his highest weight yet.
    Still, he's worth a few bob each way at 7/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I agree with you that Dovedon Hero has a great chance today, his course and distance form is rock solid and is reasonably drawn today.

He was only beaten just over 2 lengths by Cold Turkey a few weeks, he finished just behind Comton Bolter. Before that only finished a length behind The Violin Player, yet is 8lb better off today, so strictly on that should be able to reverse placings today.

Another one that has a sqeek at a decent price is True Companion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

DOVEDON HERO price has gone right out... not looking good

ah jaysus... im not able to pick them anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Excellent call there on Cullainn Beag Chump. My own nomiation Hordago came second. The weight may have been too much.
    You win this round..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

ah just got a reverse forecast on giovanna & ceo park at the 5.20 in ludlow... pity was on 50ca line! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement