Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending packets from a Nokia 6670

Options
  • 03-03-2005 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I saw on:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-423,00.html
    that there's software to send network packets from a symbian emulator to a pc, but does anyone know of a program that can be used to send individual packets from the actual phone to the network?

Cheers,
    Eric

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

How do you mean, "send individual packets from the actual phone to the network" ?

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ejn

Hi,
    There's a program called PacketSender, which you can use to send TCP & UDP packets from your phone to any IP address (mostly for testing purposes). However, this program is for Series 80 phones (I used it on a Nokia 9500). Now, however, I have a series 60 (Nokia 6670) phone. The program at the link in my original post allows you to do this using a series 60 emulator, but not from an actual phone. So I was just wondering if anyone knows of any programs for series 60 phones that can be used to send TCP, UDP packets to another IP address.

Thanks,
    Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

I can't say I know of a programme that does that, although I haven't done any network programming under Series 60 yet. All I can suggest is that you have a look around www.newlc.com, especially the forum.

- Neil

Advertisement