Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Broadband thread

Options
  • 03-03-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

If anyones interested in getting broadband, pick up a copy of the meath chronicle this week and go to about page 8 or 9 and there's an article on how to get up and running to apply for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

No way,whats it say mate?!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

If possible, a scan would be nice.

If evilution doesnt i will tonight

If evilution doesnt i will tonight

Cheers. I wont be near a Chronicle for a week or two, and it will probably be thrown out by then! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

I'll have to buy the bloody thing again then. Dad brought it into work and it disappeared basically. But seriously, on about page 8 or 9 there's an article; its even synopsised on the front cover. If my memory serves, it says that even people in the clonmellon area are seeking the funding for it now. Seems to be some type of government initiative.

• Advertisement

Well...maybe youll know mate,is there a AP on tower of lloyd in kells?

Yap. www.net1.ie

Iam gonna work extra hard for them signatures.Anyway of..multiplying the sigs without people actually signin em,like get the whole family to sign?

Yap. www.net1.ie

Iam gonna work extra hard for them signatures.Anyway of..multiplying the sigs without people actually signin em,like get the whole family to sign?

Nah, I think it needs to be one name per residence. That said though, I don't think there'll be any probs getting the names. I'll see if I can rustle up some of the peeps who were behind the meeting last month in athboy about the broadband.

Yeh,it can be done,i think ill set up a community forum(messageboard)and advertise in shop.

Yeh,it can be done,i think ill set up a community forum(messageboard)and advertise in shop.
    I just emailed net 1 there to ask about how I go about getting the ball rolling. I'll keep you posted on it. Hopefully something might come of this.
    Best thing to do would be arrange some meeting somewhere and get the numbers in first, so you know you have the backing of the peeps beforehand.

• Advertisement

i done the same,they'll say to get names :)

I was thinkin making flyers..photocopy loads...

From [url]www.meath.ie:[/url]

Broadband Internet Access for all County Meath NOW POSSIBLE

Public Information Meetings open to all residends in Meath without Broadband Internet Access,

Wed 9th March, Muintir na Tire Hall, Moynalty 8:30pm
    Mon 14th March, Longwood GAA Club, 8:00pm

The Department of Communications, Marine and Natural Resources are providing up to 28% funding to Internet Service Providers to provide broadband internet access to towns, villages, townlands, hinterlands in Co. Meath under the County & Group Broadband Scheme (CGBS).

Broadband Internet access provides access to the Internet at approx. 10 times the speed of current dial-up access. This provides massive advantage to home-users, students of all levels, businesses and for attracting new business to an area. Broadband Internet access is part of the telecommunications infrastructure essential in this information age.
    “So how do I get Broadband in my area”

* Contact the Co-ordinator and identify the need for broadband. A list of 25 (minimum) potential broadband subscribers must be put together by the community or Internet company.
    * The Co-ordinator has a list of relevant Internet companies to choose from.
    * Internet company/community puts an application for funding together, verifies it with the Co-ordinator and submits the application to the Department of Communications, Marine and Natural Resources.
    * Application is approved by the Dept. (within 4 weeks) and broadband service is implemented.

The current round for funding applications closes 28th April 2005.

Contact: Regional Co-ordinator - Mr. Joe Tighe, Meath County Council, County Hall, Navan, Co. Meath.
    Tel: 046/9021581 ext. 491 - 087/2194699 Jtighe@meathcoco.ie

Public Information Meetings open to all residends in Meath without Broadband Internet Access,
    Wed 9th March, Muintir na Tire Hall, Moynalty 8:30pm
    Mon 14th March, Longwood GAA Club, 8:00pm

Thanks Evilution

hmm

Would the meetings be worth goin?

Thanks Evilution

hmm

Would the meetings be worth goin?

Gonna needs those names, man. Anyway, thats a month and a half away. Applications could be sent on the last week, so long as they're in on time.

Yep.Ill get workin tomorrow

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I don't know what to ask for when they call
    digiweb running well. Here in Navan

Dec

Elaborate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

No problem getting BB here
    Living off the proudstown road

Dec

NO WAY,iam beside u,PM me

Amamzing,how this thread turned into broadband,the other threads empty:P

• Advertisement

I've spilt the broadband posts from the Navan thread into this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Clanc

So Poblachtach, Deckie, are you going setting something up?
    I'm in Clonamgadden Fort + Eircom tells me a mouse may have chewed on my wires (but no BB anyway).
    Cheers
    Clanc

Clanc,why dont u IM me on MSN.

Evilution, i got my 25 names in a day,its off to joe tighe,and net1,there meeting me in my house tomorrow.

Clanc,why dont u IM me on MSN.

Evilution, i got my 25 names in a day,its off to joe tighe,and net1,there meeting me in my house tomorrow.

Good on you. I emailed Net1 but the bastards never got back to me. Up to my respective tits in college work too so I'm not getting enough time to do anything properly about it either.
    When you meet up with them, tell them to come to athboy and look for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 termanator

if you want to see mhat the meath cronical said check the web site i am sure it is there

Rite Eviliution,maybe ill PM a net1 technician Email to you.He runs the show.Ill certaintly tell em to go to athboy tonight.

Dont hold your breath,its half 9 and theyre not here yet,ill be seriously annoyed if they dont come...

Dont hold your breath,its half 9 and theyre not here yet,ill be seriously annoyed if they dont come...

Keep me posted man, let me know how it goes. Smacks a bit of unprofessionalism to me.
    termanator wrote:
    if you want to see mhat the meath cronical said check the web site i am sure it is there

I know, I'm the one who posted the info on here first about this. C'mon man, get with the programme :D:D

They rang,they got stuck with something,they offered to come at 11 or tomorrow,tomorrow:)

• Advertisement

Nope,let down again,iam a bit angry now

Advertisement