Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldier Of Fortune 2 Online

Options
  • 03-03-2005 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone play SoF2 retail 1.00 online? (not gold)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Until recently, yes, very often, the MP on that game is totally underrated. Your kinda in the wrong forum, but i'll let ya away with it :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wrong forum, oops :o

What name did you use? Were you in a clan?

And yes, the MP is totally underrated. I perfer it to counter-strike anyday! :)

I used to be in a clan yes with a few guys from meath and some english players, we stopped about a year and a half ago though, if not more.

I played as SmellyIrishMan

Hmmm damn there must be more people who play it.The only Irish people I've ever met online were from northern ireland... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I used to play it too, and myself and my mates play it all the time at LAN sessions - nothing like a 3 hour SOF level in Winter Wonderland!

My computer is out of action for a few weeks but when it's back up I'll give it another shot online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I used to play it uninstalled it a long time ago, just went looking for the game now, found the cd but not the box so Ive no cd key =/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I still play sof2 ctf on jolt sometimes, can be great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I play sof2 gold and I'm in a DEM clan. Easily beats CS, etc. in my book.

Yup, such a great game.

Well, I am totally reinstalling this tomorrow. There goes any plans that I had for tomorrow!

Clan BOW on retail 1.0

Kam2 ctf

Thats the clan I'm with, my name is B.O.W.MobileInfantry

Anyone feel free to drop by (im on sometime between 9 - 1 each night)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

bah, it's just quake 3 with a diffrent look, seen a few lads playing it in a lab in college there a while back, good fps fun all the same :)

Wow, thought this thread was deleted....

Anywho, if anyone actually plays this, drop a line here!

SoF2 retail 1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I have SoF2 but everytime I try to play online I get kicked by servers because I'm missing files or something...

Can somebody tell me what and where to download in order to play this great game online? Thanks! ;)

I assume you have the latest version? V1.03? If not, here is the full patch :
    http://files.filefront.com/Soldier_of_Fortune_2_Double_Helix_Gold_Full_Patch/;850939;;/fileinfo.html

There is also a lite version if you have V1.02 installed.

Other than that, you just need to update your PB files which will be done automatically once you're in a server...Anything else, just turn on auto-download and you're set.

They probably play with some admin mod. I can't remember the name. I thought it used to auto download. Just get the lastest base patch (For golkden version) and try again

1.0 works fine, I use it all the time, and even though I use Admin mod, I never got kicked on any servers before when I didnt use it....

If you upgrade, you'll patch the game to Gold release....boooo

If you have the getting kicked (or disconnected rather then kicked as it is) problem, set "Allow Downloads" to OFF

Now that I recall it, I had this problem before.

If you upgrade, you'll patch the game to Gold release....boooo

Dude...1.0 sucks ass compared to V1.03... No mp_jor1? That right there is a piece of mapping genius.

No mp5 either....

Still, my clan is in 1.0, and my favourite map ever is Kam_2! THATS one of the simpliest yet greatest maps I've ever played. Pure teamplay.

I'm not a big fan of kam_2 myself. Is there an active 1.0 community?

• Advertisement

Yeah, its fairly active, although you really get to know all the clans about the place - its alot more naviagatable then 1.03!

I see. But...what about the lean bug? :eek: You use OSP or something I assume?

The lean bug? OSP? What....?

Leaning is perfectly fine.....sometimes, on barriers or low walls, you can get heavy cover due to the fact that guns can go through them.....but thats about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Thanks to you guys (especially Scratch Acid - Thanks for the link!) I was able to play SOFII online yesterday! I was disappointed because I only really play Call of Duty and in my opinion there is no better game online. But it was nice to play something different! :D
    I found the game so fast! It was weird! It does indeed feel a lot like CS

Always willing to help out fellow 'soffers'...*cough*...
    Anyways, what I meant by leanbug is the fact that if someone crouch-leans around the corner and you shoot them in the head they don't recieve any damage...it was a serious problem in the retail version that was ironed out with the gold patch and partly by a mod called Orange Smoothie Productions, or OSP for short, which is pretty much used on every decent server now. Although in the last week or two someone found a bug in OSP or something which enabled them to crash servers, so a lot of servers have been forced to change to Rocmod which is far inferior to OSP.

Thats wierd....I am using 1.0, and have never noticed that problem, and in clan wars, there is ALOT of crouching leaning around corners......

Seem to be able kill them easily enough?

Strange.....

Edit: Playing last night and actually looking out for it, it does indeed seem to be the case when directly facing the enemy who have only their head sticking out from around a corner.....

Advertisement