Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail are now trendy.

Options
  • 06-08-2001 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Whilst waiting for the train the other day, i noticed a new flyer in Thomastown station.

It basically shows hoe cool Irish Rail is and im sure you will agree, that this will be a highly successful campaign.

These are the coolest/bravest ppl i have ever seen.
    smile.gif
    170K big pic

Click for the Pic

Why can't anyone read the frickin' rules and not post a pic directly if it's bigger than 15K?
    Negative Karma for the next person who does it. mad.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Negative Karma for the next person who does it</font>

Like Karma has any1 worried. smile.gif
    [ps] i never read the rules and i doubt many have.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 07-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 07-08-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

....eh, whats wrong with her jaw .... wink.gif

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Victor:
    ....eh, whats wrong with her jaw .... wink.gif

</font>

it looks normal compared to the rest of that pi$$ take.

has to be one of the funniest pictures i have ever seen.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

I would shoot myself if i was one of those models.... Painful
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Looks to me like Lock jaw</font>

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 D for Dog

I concur, the picture is funny. The price for a Adult ticket however isnt frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh god.

I still chuckle remembering the huge posters in South West Trains stations after the disruption last year which simply said "WE'RE SORRY" in massive letters - and were quickly replaced with smaller posters saying "SORRY IS NOT ENOUGH" after some people complained that they looked glib and sarcastic smile.gif

(In fairness to the poster, bloody appalling picture aside, the text is pretty much on the ball. Irish Rail isn't a bad service by any measure or means, it could do with more coverage but it's not terrible... And certainly beats the hell out of driving along the congested roads.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

oh for sure, if i wanna go to waterford or kilkenny, id much prefer to go by rail than by car, its really relaxing and its free most of the time.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

so in tests 9 out of 10 english literature students prefer to travel by iarnród 'funky' éireann. These adverts accomplish nothing except to completely embarrass the people in the picture and everyone they have ever known.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

OMFG, The state of it. ALthough IMHO the trains in england are as bad if not worse I went on an apparent 1 hour journey, cost £20 and ended up taking 2.5 hours due to speed restrictions.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Well well well.... I'm not really shocked (if u've seen my earlier train post) They did stupidly put 2 car park signs pointing in oppisite direction of each other. Also the "Warning you are probably be hit by a train so look listen and be aware" sign outside Hueston in the middle of all the tracks puts me in stitches

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif....Rofl, the topic alone is enough for me, fook the pic biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

• Advertisement
Advertisement