Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords prices v's the Internet

Options
  • 03-03-2005 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering in general how halfords prices hold up against doing you shopping online... making bringing stuff in from the UK??

I have no particular items in mind, its just what general experiences posters have had... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Well I don't know how they comare to internet prices but I saw a pair of Sony Xplod XSF692N car speakers in Halfords for €75.....the exact same pair retail for €49 in Argos :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Was in the one in Liffey Valley for about 30 seconds last weekend. Prices were still pretty much the same as when it was still motorstore or whatever it was called before, rip-offs! :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I was in Halfords in Belfast and took some prices on roof boxes (Im buying one - the shame of it!!!) and then checked the prices of the boxes in Halfords in Liffey Valley and there wasn't much difference between them (allowing for a €1/70p conversion).
    However the range of these yokes was poorer in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

kbannon wrote:
    I was in Halfords in Belfast and took some prices on roof boxes (Im buying one - the shame of it!!!) and then checked the prices of the boxes in Halfords in Liffey Valley and there wasn't much difference between them (allowing for a €1/70p conversion).
    However the range of these yokes was poorer in Dublin!

Try O'Meara Camping. I know for sure they have a good selection of roof boxes. Talk to them on the phone and I think they can deliver the box at home 4U.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    I was in Halfords in Belfast and took some prices on roof boxes (Im buying one - the shame of it!!!)

Not at all!

At least you haven't given in (yet) to the pressure of buying an MPV. Be the force with ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

life just would't be worth living!

Advertisement