Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendogs

Options
  • 03-03-2005 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Awwww... they're so cute

Looks like a cool little game, I can't wait to have a go.

Slick name too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

yes, well its been renamed to puppy-times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its not a game (as we would think of a game) its a virtual pet as far as I know like those stupid LCD key rings that had eggs that would hatch then **** everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It would be cool if it worked like KOTOR and you could raise an evil dog if you wanted...

I'm sure you can unleash your dog on other dogs over wireless networks...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, looks like a load of tedious tamagotchi type rubbish. The only tamagotchi variant I ever got any enjoyment out of was Seaman on the DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Puppy-Times?? booo. down with that.

That's a pretty weak name,

I know it's just a Tamagotchi, but its photo-relistic dogs. DOGS!

You can let them play with each other too over wi-fi.

Has to be better than NfS:U or some other ****e!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its interesting that they are releasing 3 different versions (each with 5 breeds of dogs). Will people cough up for all 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭smokingman

Don't know about you guys but herself would probably take over my DS if I got this. She's been addicted to a puzzle game on my xda2 and has gotton quite used to the stylus - a bit too used to it if you ask me!
    She's not normally into games except for an odd round of tiger woods 2005 on the cube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

TmB wrote:
    Its interesting that they are releasing 3 different versions (each with 5 breeds of dogs). Will people cough up for all 3?

It's meant to work like Pokémon: You buy one version. You trade dogs with people who have the others. You feel like hitting the people who buy all three versions and then complain about Nintendo ripping them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

oh its so cute

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, I'm debating about this, I saw the promo video where you can play skipping with them and throw a frisbee etc. and thought it was really cool, but I'm almost certain that if I do get it I'd mess around with it for an hour or two at the most and then stick warioware or something in instead. It is just a very interactive tamagotchi but it, like many Ninty releases for the DS, shows just what you can do with the machine... you can even use the mic to give them commands like sit etc... which is pretty cool IMO

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

As far as I know (but forget where I read it) Puppy Times is the US name, it'll be called Nintendogs over here.

edit > eurogamer.net
    Nintendo DS virtual pet title Nintendogs (known as Puppy Times in the States) will be released in Japan on 21st April in three different packages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

TmB wrote:

In Japan, Nintendo otaku(sp?) would buy 300 versions if they were available!

We less-money-than-sense normal people probably wouldn't tho...

wouldn't be at the top of my list either, but still it looks like a larf

Personally, this is one of the games I really want when i get my DS. I know the concept is naff, and a bit girly, but I'm a sucker for puppies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Its like a super cool version of da Tamagotchi
    I may just but this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

You should be able tobreed savage bastards and fight them against eachother, I'd buy a ds just to play that game... Virtua Pitbull!!

if you read above - the situation has been clarified - its only in the US as Puppy Times.

:)

Advertisement