Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs Question

Options
  • 03-03-2005 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I ordered a bunch of CDs from the states nearly 2 months ago and they haven't arrived yet.
    I am assuming that they have been lost in the post but the store wants me to check that customs doesn't have them.

Generally should customs contact me if they have something that requires me to pay duty on? Or is it up to me to contact them myself ? If so, does anyone know the number I should ring to find out?

Thanks guys..

davej

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You would think. Our Au Pair's school in France sent her a pack for a correspondence course she needs to complete. Customs or GTS took it. They did not inform her or the school. She lost 6 weeks of study. The school finally tracked it down, though they had a lot of trouble due to the language barrier.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

They did not inform her or the school.

Well that's a bit ridiculous. Customs must have a ton of "lost" items that they divide amongst themselves at the end of the year.

They should really inform the addresse if they are holding something pending duty.

davej

Advertisement