Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using JNLP.jar for use of file chooser in a java web start applet

Options
  • 03-03-2005 6:12pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

im trying to build an applet that allows you to choose and open a file from your computer. to do this im using filechooser which needs to to use the JNLP API. i have downloaded this API set in in my classpath but im getting a very strange error ive never seen before and wondering f anybody knows the problem or if there is a better way I could go about doing this or building the applet.

The error im getting is:

Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick Ellard\Desktop\XYZ\Chooser\Chhoser\JWSFileChooserDemo.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Although i get these errors my programme does compile and i do get the class file which i use to run the applet.

However when I run the applet using web start the Java Console gives me the error :
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jnlp/UnavailableServiceException

Any help would be real good im totally at a loss here

Advertisement