Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Cover Up

Options
  • 03-03-2005 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

A friend of mine has a full colour 'Fighting Irish' tattoo on his upper arm and he wants to get a new tattoo done over it.

Its going to be a black band around the upper arm (approx 3.5 inches high) and some text in red directly over and around the original tattoo.

1. Can anyone recommend an artist for a cover up as its not as straightforward as just tattooing?
    2. Also I reckon it's gonna take a decent amount of time to do something of that size?? Especially since its a cover up what do you think?

3. Is it even possible to go over a tattoo of this type with red ink?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

thanks for the overwhelming response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I dunno who does good cover up work, without seeing the original tattoo it is hard to say how well it would work. Go to one of the studios in Dublin with it and see what they say, artists are generally honest enough not to touch work they cant do well, and will send you to someone who can.

Advertisement