Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boarDS #0 - Release weekend?

Options
  • 03-03-2005 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

The Nintendo DS will be released on Saturday next week. Nintendo will be having a promotional event in St. Stephen's Green in Dublin. (and the moon is made of cheese). However someone of us have already got our grubby mits on DSs allready.

So how about some kind of meetup on the Saturday? Meetup in town, play some multiplayer, play some games, look at this promotional event (try to get some freebies), all round DS-fueled fun?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what will be the price of this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I don't know what will be happening but I know for sure I'll be down friday to get a DS for myself.....so much for not playing games till the end of the year.....

• Advertisement

do you guys reckon a sold out scenario ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Placebo wrote:
    what will be the price of this ?
    Well you'll probably never date again, but you get to play lots of games.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

well usually GAME stop taking preorders once they get the stock in (which in most cases is a Wednsday). I'm not sure what day the DS's are coming in, mind you. I'd say they said to hurry because GAME could ring up and say "we have all our stock taken up by preorders, so we cant promise more". Its happened before.
    And I'm also pretty sure that the games have to have all their bits and bobs with them (they're worth less if they dont), but that's probably a store by store decision...

Chances are they will sell out too, consoles usually do and I've heard that there are very little (in context) coming to Ireland for the launch.

flogen

approx. Im not pre ordering a blank cheque ! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

What are you looking for the cost of? the DS? its €150 I think.

Syth wrote:
    The Nintendo DS will be released on Saturday next week. Nintendo will be having a promotional event in St. Stephen's Green in Dublin. (and the moon is made of cheese). However someone of us have already got our grubby mits on DSs allready.

So how about some kind of meetup on the Saturday? Meetup in town, play some multiplayer, play some games, look at this promotional event (try to get some freebies), all round DS-fueled fun?

Yeah id be intrested ill be up that weekend anyway id say. Big problem is some where to play.

Won't they be selling DS's at the event itself? You'd think they'd try make it so there are some available on all 3 days.

Id say they may even be giving a few away...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I know that GAME in limerick are doing a midnight opening on thurs/friday night to sell the DS. was actually advised to be there when prebooking my ds in Game in limerick by a manager who said that "loyalty card customers will be given preference over non-loyalty card pre-order custmers" in case of a stock shortage, so i should get in early

Well **** going to dublin when there's a chance I won't get one, I'm just gonna pre order in carlow gamestop tomorrow, and hopefully early next friday morning I'll be enjoying mario 64 all over again.

Well **** going to dublin when there's a chance I won't get one, I'm just gonna pre order in carlow gamestop tomorrow, and hopefully early next friday morning I'll be enjoying mario 64 all over again.
    Yeah much better chance of getting one there id say. Dub will mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You'd probably be as well to preorder the games, especially if it's Super Mario 64 DS you want with it. That game rocks so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Yes it does. But why bother pre-ordering when you can get a like new copy of it here for a tenner less? Yes, I'm this shameless.

• Advertisement

Was reading this

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000053034562/

and there are 650,000 DS's availabe for launch in 20 countries, thats 32,500 per country if they devide them evenly, which they wont, so may be 10,000 for Ireland?

2.5m software units is about 125,000 per country thats sub devided by the number of launch titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

they'd better, i know limerick had 116+ preorders last week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I've had mine 3 months now.

Only charged once, its overrated atm

Will be another 6months imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ive had DS 3months now, only played it the length of one charge, dont believe the hype

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I can say that Dawson St has around 70 or so Preorders, and has also taken Graftons preorders so the figure is probably between 120 and 150 altogether. Please God we'll get more than 20 units, I don't want to deal with (rightfully) angry people.

Was playing Super Mario on a loaned DS machine and I have to say its much better than I thought it was at first, once you get the hang of the controls, and the mini games rule too :D, wasn't sure about getting that but am now. Otherwise it's Warioware and Project Rub all the way for me! That should tide me over for a few weeks at least.

I'm really looking forward to see if any PDA software comes out for it too, would be nice.

flogen

• Advertisement

Advertisement