Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners

• 03-03-2005 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new pair of runners and I need some advice, I've always run in Asics, but my most recent pair of Kayano have been giving me terrible blisters and I'm thinking of going the Nike route with the Skylon, I do want a light shoe. Anything I should I know about these or are they good shoes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Enduro

I'm always dubious about people who buy Kayanos. Do you know whether you're an over-pronator or not? (Do you know about pronation, and the various different types of shoes to match you foot type?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I'm a neutral runner with maybe mild under pronation. Before the Kayano I had a pair of 2090s and they were great, and I had Kayano before them, and no trouble, it's just this pair.

The Kayanos are very much an over-pronator's shoe (motion control), so I'm not surprised they gave you trouble. They are definitely the wrong shoes for a neutral runner. I tried them on once and absolutely hated the feel of the things. The 2090 (or 1090) sounds like they would be much more suitable, as those are good neutral shoes (Stability). (or even the Nimbus or Cumulous, my preferences, which are lovely cushioned shoes)

If you're going to go down the Nike route make sure you do your research first and buy the right kind of shoes. Most of the Nikes are cushioned shoes. Of course, most Nikes are not really running shoes at all, but fashion shoes. They do make a few good running shoes though. I've had the occasional pair of Nikes and have generally found them to be very good (and one particualrly excellent pair).

I had a pair of 1090s and I didn't like them at all, I loved my 2090s. I'm a fan of lighter shoes usually, any reccomendations?

To be honsest shoe weight doesn't bother me at all. I did use a pair of DS Trainers for a while. They were lighter than the usual ASICS, and gave a reasonable amount of support. They'd be a particularly good pair of shoes for longer road races. But these days I prefer to go for out and out cushioning, as I'm doing a huge amount of road milage. It does seem to me that your best bet would be to get another pair of 2090s, or whatever the curreent equivalent is. After all, you know you like them, and they're recognised as being one of the very best all-round trainers.

• Advertisement

Cheers Enduro, I'm looking into getting a pair of 2090s instead of 2100s, I also have a pair of DS Trainers for the faster days

Advertisement