Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

powerbreathe

• 03-03-2005 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Powerbreathe is reputed to train athletes to breathe more effectively and with less stress.
    Has anyone used one and how effective are they?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I haven't used 1 but I've only heard good reviews about them, saying that I've also heard stories of breathing through straws to build up your lung strength, but I have heard people go against this 1 saying it doesn't work, the Powerbreathe has the science behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Have you any links to reports on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

i have one myself. if you decide to buy one there is some cycling store( i can't remember where, but im sure i still have the reciept), and i got mine for like €50, which is like €30 less than most places. if you decide to get one pm me and ill look for my receipt.

not sure of the effectiveness of it, i used mine for about a week, then started to not use it regularly, and havent used it now in ages, i would offer to sell it, but it has been in my mouth alot so i doubt anyone would want to buy it.

Hrm ... I see a thesis topic ...

I'd be interested in getting my hands on one if you wouldn't mind lookin' for the receipt detective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

yeah no problem. it is Walls Cycles - 267 Crumlin Road Dublin 12 Tel: 01 4545422

check out www.powerbreathe.com for more info

and http://www.powerbreathe.com/buyeire.html for stockists in ireland, but as i said, that bike place was by far the cheapest, they were covered in dust and the guy in the shop was a bit weird, like he didnt want to give me my credit card receipt. i reckon they have been there for ages, and thats why they are so cheap. but give them a call anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

http://www.johnbuckleysports.com/accessories-powerbreath.htm

Here's a review, the price is 72, but they still have info. on them

That's brilliant, thanks!

Advertisement