Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Grades

Options
  • 03-03-2005 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Whats the IT grades.
    what % is a 1:1 etc

Any body no :confused:

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

You're better off going to your exams office and asking them - they can change from place to place, even between different faculties.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Anything above 69 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

In our one a 1.1 is a gpa of 3.25 and over. B- is 2.75, B is 3.00, a B+ is 3.50 and an A is 4. So any combination of them that gets you an average of 3.25 is a 1.1.
    A 2.1 is over 3.00 and a 2.2 is over 2.7 gpa.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

DO they use grade point averages in Ireland? The certainally didn't use them in my uni in England.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Don't use them in UCC either though I've often wondered how to convert out % results to a US GPA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Lump wrote:
    DO they use grade point averages in Ireland? The certainally didn't use them in my uni in England.

They do in Griffith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

No GPA in DCU. Here the grades are:

1:1 >= 70%
    2:1 >= 63%
    2:2 >= 55%
    3:1 >= 50% (only for certain courses)
    pass >= 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

I know this is not a DCU thread but one quick q Mr.Pink...

D'you find that everybody in your course mostly gets mid 60 marks. My faculty's a bit reluctant to reward good work sometimes I think.

tom dunne wrote:
    They do in Griffith.

Aren't the degrees for that awarded by an america uni... or is that somewhere else... that place in Portabello. On the canal.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Lump wrote:
    Aren't the degrees for that awarded by an america uni... or is that somewhere else... that place in Portabello. On the canal.

Not the Computer Degrees/Masters. My MSc. is awarded by HETAC (Higher Education Training Awards Council). Same as the IT's around the country.

There is an American College, maybe that's what you are thinking of?

• Advertisement

Could be...

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

MrPinK wrote:
    No GPA in DCU. Here the grades are:

1:1 >= 70%
    2:1 >= 63%
    2:2 >= 55%
    3:1 >= 50% (only for certain courses)
    pass >= 40%

It also depends what course/faculty your in. For my own course to get a 2:1 you need 60%+ (they recently reduced it from 63%). And I'm certain of that, because without it, I wouldn't have gotten a 2:1 last year.

Advertisement