Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im gettin a contract and...

Options
  • 03-03-2005 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

hey all,
    so if all goes to plan(ie my dumb paycheck is sorted)i shud be gettin my brand new v800 tomoro!!!
    i no its E149 on ST500 which is what i will get and change to talk'n'text later.
    a) is there any rules about changing tariffs.
    b) whats this E69 offer iv read about...leaflets only?
    c) how much money shud i bring...connnection fee's? is there some sorta deposit?
    is there anything else i need to no,im only 16 so my dad will be signing the thing or can i do it myself...or do i have to be 18?
    thanks alot,
    DOOKIE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

don't get a bill phone at 16. I done that when I was 15 three years ago and I used to jus keep chattin all da time and then get a huge bill every month just cause I wanted a little Nokia 8210 (de were cool at da time).
    Go to Ebay and get ur fone der without avin 2 worry bout a contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

i got one there 2 months ago, it says on the T&C's you have to be over 18?

I had just gone 18, they just asked for a €100 deposit (which will come off my 6th bill).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

You can not enter a contract if you are under 18.

Better still, if they do and they ask for a guarantor that person is not liable for any bills you run up!! Quite incredible that a sales rep in a store will allow you sign up!

There was a case in Australia where a minor got a contract phone and his father was a guarantor. Son ran up bill and couldn't pay. Phone co sued father for money. Judge said father could only be a guarantor to alegal contract. Since son was minor, no contract existed. Phone co gets stung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Don't get a bill phone full stop !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I did, again, twas the only way i could afford my v800.

now, i cant get out of it without paying them 300 euro.

take my advice, save an get it sim free. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

yeah, im thinkin twice now...maybe i can do wit a gx20 till 3g get started on RTG, anyway i was screwed over wit my paychek again!- damn emergency tax...
    anyway thanks alot for the advice.
    DOOKIE.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I did, again, twas the only way i could afford my v800.

now, i cant get out of it without paying them 300 euro.

take my advice, save an get it sim free. :(

Its not rocket science, you sign a contract for 12 months for x amount a month. Therefore not matter what, even if you dont use the sim, you have to pay x times 12.

People seem to think they can sign whatever contract they like then get out whenever suites them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There's absolutely nothing wrong with getting a bill phone as long as you're sensible about using it. I got one at 16 myself.
    You can get your dad to sign up and you can be the 'user' of the phone. It means the bill will come to him but will say calls by <your name>.
    If your dad has a good credit check (which just about everyone has at that age) then you won't be asked for a deposit or advance payment. To get it in his name, you'll need a recent utility bill (last 3 months) in his name and his passport or driving license. Obviously he'll be signing the contract too. If you want though you can set it up so it's paid by direct debit to your own bank account. All you need is the sort code and account number.
    The Supertime tariffs and are very good value if you're a big talker but are quite expensive if you're not. (69e and 99e for ST300 and ST500 respectively).
    You may have to stay on that tariff for 6 months after you sign the contract, although most people seem to be able to move down before that.
    Also, the Nokia 6630 has been FAR more popular than the SEV800. It's also cheaper. I'd go for that one myself.
    So yeah if you're a sensible guy then go for it!

hi RachG, do you work for vodafone ?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

vodafone are irelands dearest network. signing up on bill pay is suicide.one can buy a nice o2 phone for 129 euro( t630) icludes 80 euro credit, buy another 02 sim card and have one on peak one on off peak, and talk for 13 cent a minute, no bill pay can come close to that value.

all these high end phones are a crock, 99% of people have what they need and more on a t630.

lomb wrote:
    vodafone are irelands dearest network. signing up on bill pay is suicide.one can buy a nice o2 phone for 129 euro( t630) icludes 80 euro credit, buy another 02 sim card and have one on peak one on off peak, and talk for 13 cent a minute, no bill pay can come close to that value.

all these high end phones are a crock, 99% of people have what they need and more on a t630.

here here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Must say I disagree, the 6630 has one fatal flaw imho, if video calling takes off, it will only be able to make video calls when in its cradle, not on the move.

Ste, ur right, its not rocket science, and I take full responsibility for what I did, however, I *was* sold a tariff that was ridiculous for my needs, because the store was packed an it was so rushed. Ended up on the 69 tariff instead of the 20 pm one. (I have since changed).
    But as I said, big mistake and us humans tend to make em from time to time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

@ Rach G

Me thinks ya do work for Vodafone!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=231286

??

Must say I disagree, the 6630 has one fatal flaw imho, if video calling takes off, it will only be able to make video calls when in its cradle, not on the move.

thats true, and a pain also... i heard on the news yesterday that Nokia had some launch thingy yesterday for their new television phones... ie you'll be able to whtch the simpsons etc on your phone.....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

mik_da_man wrote:
    @ Rach G

??

It sounds more like she(he?) works for an agent - possibly Carphone Warehousse or somewhere like that?

@ Rach G

??

No don't work for Vodafone, however yes I do work for a Vodafone agent. If you read through most of my posts that's obvious.

Advertisement