Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republic Commando PC

Options
  • 03-03-2005 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

WOW

Seriously wow Unreal engie powered on PC and its good , seriously impressed i mean it has Star Wars in the name so should suck. But its very very good this should keep me playing SP till BIA.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Izzit

Thinking of buying this today along with KOTOR II, though suppose I'll be paying the usual EUR50+ release day premium from GAME or HMV :(

Where did you pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Class game. I am playing it myself. It is really really good. The whole assigning your squad to tasks is cool. Plus when you die, you can get your squad to revive you. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Great. Was hoping to pick this up today, definatley will now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

dunno, just finished it myself this morning....
    pros:
    - team commands are pretty smooth.
    - sound is very good.

cons:
    - enemy AI is dull, I was expecting some cooperation amongst them, seeing how so much effort was put into your own squad's.
    - quite short; about 10 hours
    - textures are not that impressive
    - level design is far from breathtaking, pretty much just tunnels and hangers. They should have really shown off the setting (like say, how halo did)
    - multiplayer, same old crap. I was hoping for something more team oriented, with commands like the single player.

Overall, a quick blast, but I wouldn't advise going out of your way to buy it. Its a medicore game that wouldn't get too far if it didn't have the licence.

well im really enjoying it thus far. I reckon i have been playing it a total of about 5 hours over the last few days. Great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Got it Friday, and pleasantly surprised! a bit linear, but still..love the way all the troopers have Maori voices!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Izzit wrote:
    Thinking of buying this today along with KOTOR II, though suppose I'll be paying the usual EUR50+ release day premium from GAME or HMV :(

Where did you pick it up?
    get thyself to smyths young man

bambam wrote:
    dunno, just finished it myself this morning....
    pros:
    - team commands are pretty smooth.
    - sound is very good.

cons:
    - enemy AI is dull, I was expecting some cooperation amongst them, seeing how so much effort was put into your own squad's.
    - quite short; about 10 hours
    - textures are not that impressive
    - level design is far from breathtaking, pretty much just tunnels and hangers. They should have really shown off the setting (like say, how halo did)
    - multiplayer, same old crap. I was hoping for something more team oriented, with commands like the single player.

Overall, a quick blast, but I wouldn't advise going out of your way to buy it. Its a medicore game that wouldn't get too far if it didn't have the licence.

man how the hell do i get past that "belly up" level where there are a load of droids? You have 4 minutes to get out of the ship...before it self destructs. And you have to download these things that takes a minute to do...my team just dies instantly. And i always run out of time even when i go on a good run...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

just restart the level and rush to the last section (I think I had 3 mins, maybe 2 left). breach the door, set the squad on 'search & destroy mode', lob in a few EC detonators to stun the droids. Run and take out the turrets on the ceiling. Then command one of your team to work on the console. Keep an eye on each door, there will be Super battle droids & droidekas. Use you armor piercing ammo and EC detonators. Also protect your guy at the console. BTW, if you run arround you'll find more ammo.

To help getting through the level fast, use EC detonators and don't be afraid to run in with your melee attack when droids are stunned.

Advertisement