Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane

Options
  • 03-03-2005 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Anybody heard anything? I've heard rumours of Eminem, which would mean a second year intentionally missed!!! Foos are doing Oxegen, I'd hate to see the Chilis come back and rip off the Irish public for poor showmanship and no crowd interaction for a forth successive year, I don't think the Frames are ready for that big a stage yet but it's only a matter of time. Velvet Revolver may well get a support slot after last month's gig, provided Scott copes with Slash's attention surplus!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

i heard ac/dc were going to play. Id love to see them play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

upmeath wrote:
    Eminem
    Pants
    upmeath wrote:
    Foos
    Arse
    upmeath wrote:
    Chilis
    Utter bollocks
    upmeath wrote:
    the Frames
    *yawn*
    upmeath wrote:
    Velvet Revolver
    Now yer talking. Them, feeder again (who were great at the slane before last) and some kick ass rock band or other.

that was an unconstructive waste of space. If you dont like the OP's taste in music, you dont have to tell the world through vulgarities.

He asked for news/info, not critiscm of his tastes in music. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

how about... queens of the stone age?
    new album out this month, little sister's nothing special but i've heard others off it and it's safe to say they could at least secure the main support act. velvet revolver wouldn't get the payday, not enough material unless they do an entire stp and gnr back catalogue. plus the gnr lads were up there before! tallica wont be back for 2 years i reckon.
    acdc were rumoured for last year, and the year before. its just a worn out record at this stage. killers, franz ferdinand, kasabian for opening/2nd/3rd act maybe...

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    If you dont like the OP's taste in music, you dont have to tell the world through vulgarities. He asked for news/info, not critiscm of his tastes in music. Thank you.

Hey Fuzzy, it's cool. Once he doesn't diss QOTSA in his next post, in which case I'd have to find out where he lives and order some bricks

• Advertisement

they wont play a whole lot of GNR stuff, im told. Because its too personal or something. And becase of some legal stuff.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    that was an unconstructive waste of space. If you dont like the OP's taste in music, you dont have to tell the world through vulgarities.

He asked for news/info, not critiscm of his tastes in music. Thank you.

Shove it, muppet. I didn't ask for your whinge either, so save it.
    upmeath wrote:
    how about... queens of the stone age?
    Thats more like it. I can't believe the total lack of coverage they got in the media after the last time though. For me they were band of the day, hands down. Not a single report on them in the press though.

dont get agressive with me, pal. It was you who started this "whinge" .

ie.- pants, *yawn*, utter bollocks, arse, etc.

ah here lads, bitching and fighting is for rave and rap culture, not the rock forums. queens? songs for the deaf put them in the mainstream! lullabies... is a bit more low-key, although josh is all over Q for the last 3 issues

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    dont get agressive with me, pal. It was you who started this "whinge" .

ie.- pants, *yawn*, utter bollocks, arse, etc.
    I'm not your pal. And I'd hardly call my comments a whinge. Go play crybaby somewhere else.

• Advertisement

yeah I deffo agree with you about Q. And QOTSA. but in my opinion fighting is synonymous with rock music. That other guy just needs to relax.

upmeath wrote:
    queens? songs for the deaf put them in the mainstream! lullabies... is a bit more low-key, although josh is all over Q for the last 3 issues
    Ah, songs for the deaf is a cracking album. Rated R was even better though. Yanno, its ok with josh doing the media thing. They're totally entitled to their fame and everything that comes with it. Very under-rated band

united fighting, correct (aka raging against the machine)
    senseless bitching, incorrect (aka ill pop a cap in yo ass)
    ive never been at a rock concert with a serious fight. moshing and headbanging nip that problem in the bud!

imo, the eponymous debut was their best by far, i can listen to it through no problem, anytime.
    R only heats up around track 8/9, in the fade is the best by far, as an album its far behind the first and songs...
    i like the desert radio theme in the songs... interludes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    they wont play a whole lot of GNR stuff, im told. Because its too personal or something. And becase of some legal stuff.

Scott's voice wouldn't suit either, I'd still go with the download line-up of Balck Sabbath, Velvet Revolver and HIM

Scott's voice wouldn't suit either

Guns n' Roses was never about voice, it's been said by many that Slash carried the band, Axl possibly has the worst voice to have ever sold 10 million albums. It's been said by many and I have to agree with them. As long as Slash is in a band and taking guitar-playing to another level like he did in GNR, that band has a fairly good chance of going all the way. He carries more than a guitar around his neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

upmeath wrote:
    Guns n' Roses was never about voice, it's been said by many that Slash carried the band, Axl possibly has the worst voice to have ever sold 10 million albums. It's been said by many and I have to agree with them. As long as Slash is in a band and taking guitar-playing to another level like he did in GNR, that band has a fairly good chance of going all the way. He carries more than a guitar around his neck.
    I totally disagree, his voice got fairly bad towards the end of GNR but Axl had one of the best voices in rock ever on Appitite.

id have to agree with jc 2k3 on this one

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    That other guy just needs to relax.
    :rolleyes:
    twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Evilution wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    twat

You DO need to relax. Take a chill pill.

• Advertisement

well imo, axl lacked the gut required for a real "metal" voice, so to speak. it didnt take from gnr overall, but it didnt add a whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

upmeath wrote:

Ok well take Sweet Child Of Mine, Scott just wouldn't be able to hit the notes, I'm sure he can do things Axl can't but thats the way SCOM was made. The uniqueness alone of Axl's voice added to GNR.

You DO need to relax. Take a chill pill.

I beg to differ actually. saying that you sound like some sort of stoner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Issues, eh ev? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

upmeath wrote:
    Guns n' Roses was never about voice, it's been said by many that Slash carried the band, Axl possibly has the worst voice to have ever sold 10 million albums. It's been said by many and I have to agree with them.

Said by who, I never heard that before.
    And what's this about Slash carrying the band? Who do you think wrote the bulk of the tunes......answer: Axl, and Izzy would be next in the songwriting contributions.
    As big a Slash fan as I am, Axl played a greater role in the band. Again no disrespect to Slash. And his voice mightn't be to everyone's taste but he is technically an excellent singer and he can belt it out as hard as any other rock singer. In fact it's hard to think of anyone who can match him for pure power, Brian Johnson comes to mind.

Oh, and they sold a lot more than 10 million albums. Appetite alone has sold over 20 million and it's gonna sell alot more.
    well imo, axl lacked the gut required for a real "metal" voice, so to speak. it didnt take from gnr overall, but it didnt add a whole lot

GN'R were more rock than metal and his voice WAS GN'R. It's the most recognisable aspect of their sound.

Phil_321 wrote:
    Said by who, I never heard that before.
    zane lowe, nme, q, hot press. infact mojo are the only magazine i think not to have given him disrespect over his voice, memorable and all as it is
    Phil_321 wrote:
    it's hard to think of anyone who can match him for pure power
    again, this is a personal opinion thing, but he was pretty castrato to be honest. no growl. think rob flynn, max cavalera, even bruce dickinson man.
    Phil_321 wrote:
    Oh, and they sold a lot more than 10 million albums.
    i wasnt saying that's all they'd sold, i was merely using it as a benchmark, a milestone. when i say john ran the dublin marathon last year, does it mean it was the only one he's ever done? no, thank you.

Pet wrote:
    Issues, eh ev? :D
    Nah, more like a subscription to the whole catalog :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Blargh, this has gone way off topic, and far too muppety. Not to mention this thread really should've gone in the gigs/events board in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement