Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible bad debtor

Options
  • 04-03-2005 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Any advice appreciated on this one please...

I did some consultancy work for a new business startup in Wales 2 weeks ago - to cut a long story short they initially said they would pay me from an overdraft they were going to get on a new business bank account.

However their new account application was declined. They are due their first lot of commissions on sales on Tuesday from the distributor I set them up with. Whenever I call they are very abrupt and ask me to call back in 5 minutes.

Obviously I will contact them on Tuesday and request payment (they owe me GB£ 500)

But if they don't pay, do I:
    Then write a strongly worded letter ?
    Apply to UK small claims court if they don't pay?
    Send a solicitors letter?
    Find a debt factoring company?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Mention your meeting the distributor about "financial concerns"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Hi Ricardo, yes that's not a bad idea. And quite workable given that my colleague in manchester knows the uk national sales manager for one of the distributors I put the client in touch with. It might be the way to go I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I use this lot http://www.creditcollections.co.uk/ the commision is 7.5% of the bill, i find once i put them onto a debtor its settled in a matter of days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ive spent quite alot of time in wales, and if its one thing i know the welsh dont like paying for professional services. accountants/solicitors find it tough going there tbh. what part of wales is this company in?its not mid by any chance is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

It's Bridgend....

Thanks for the web address Nuttzz I''ll look into them

• Advertisement
Advertisement