Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Lexus IS200

Options
  • 04-03-2005 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭

The new IS200 has just been launched at the Geneva Motor Show.

A new 2.2 Turbo diesel is to be available for the first time in a Lexus also along with both 2.5 and 3.5 V6 petrol.

Goes on sale here towards the end of the year.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Can't say I like it, looks like the ADHD brother of the current model :(

I feel it is a big mistake to not have a 2 liter petrol for the Irish market. The diesel isn't proven yet either

What do the hardcore Lexus fans think? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I like.....looks a bit like the GS

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Makes me think of the offspring of a Pug 407/Hyundi Coupe relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Yes to the Pug 407 for the back, the front reminds me of an Accord coupe (before the 'squareish' facelift). Overall impression is of a big Nissan. Meh! Don't like at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Look like a mix of Audi A4 / Nissan Primera / Renault Laguna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

I like it. Looks better than the new A4 and the new 3 series. New Passat looks nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Looks more like a clone of the mazda 3 to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

Hmm, I reckon it looks like a saab and the new 5 series got it on !

Looks nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

bazz26 wrote:
    The new IS200 has just been launched at the Geneva Motor Show.

A new 2.2 Turbo diesel is to be available for the first time in a Lexus also along with both 2.5 and 3.5 V6 petrol.

Goes on sale here towards the end of the year.

Opinions?

Looks like a Toyota with a Lexus badge, which is what it is. I see nothing in that design that says "quality" or "premium" regarding the price they want for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Oh, I like that new Passat, almost as much as the A4. Mmmm A4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

The 2.2 diesel has 180BHP, it will also come in the avensis to

its styled for the american market.
    looks very 5 series ish
    i think its a serious step up on the current pathetic looking is200.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I quite like it, but wait to see it on the road before making my mind up. There are quite a few different design reference points visible, as per above posts. As lomb says, the current model is looking very dated at this point.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Bit of 5 series in it alright, also has a Mazda 6 front kindof. Not bad looking, not ground breaking either. In fact, typically Lexus.

So when it the Irish 1.6 version with driver's only airbag, and 13" alloys going to be available???? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I like dat new Passat..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like a Toyota with a Lexus badge, which is what it is. I see nothing in that design that says "quality" or "premium" regarding the price they want for them.

A bit like Audi and VW, the Skoda Superb is so similar to the current Passat except it costs a lot less and is better value. A kitted out Superb still costs less than a miserable 1.6 A4 or 316i.

It's all about the badge on the bonnet. Car manufacturers are tapping in on the vain nature of people. Some people have no problem spending €30k+ for an A3 instead of the exact same but cheaper Golf. Reason is because the next door neighbours only have a Golf.

Toyota/Lexus are only following this example.

bazz26 wrote:
    A bit like Audi and VW, the Skoda Superb is so similar to the current Passat except it costs a lot less and is better value. A kitted out Superb still costs less than a miserable 1.6 A4 or 316i.

skoda superb is a very heavy depreciator kiss all ur money goodbye by year 3, cost per mile will be higher than an a4.

bazz26 wrote:

Toyota/Lexus are only following this example.

the is200 has one of the lowest depreciation rates of any car in ireland.

Advertisement