Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Witch in Cobh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i wouldnt know each time (about 7 at this stage) i went to see her she didnt turn up...

i take it im just not meant to see her!

everyone i know that went to her were actually told things by her that she could never have known, real personal stuff,

and the predictions she made about my mum years ago came true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ninibutts

I heard a story once which made me decide that i was never going to see this woman EVER......(not sure if its true but was enough to convince me)
    Friends of friends went to see the amazing white witch in cobh, a few got their fortune told, however when it came to telling the last blokes fortune, she looked at him strangely and said something like "I cant/wont read your fortune"....she wrote something on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope and instructed him not to open it till he got home...Leaving her, and walking outside, the bloke was confused but decided not to read what the letter contained...As he walked accross the road he got knocked down by a car and was killed stone dead!!!
    When his friends went to him they saw the envelope, opened it and the letter inside read RIP.....

Freaky or what!! may not be a true story but hey it gave me the heebee jeebees:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

ninibutts wrote: »
    I heard a story once which made me decide that i was never going to see this woman EVER......(not sure if its true but was enough to convince me)
    Friends of friends went to see the amazing white witch in cobh, a few got their fortune told, however when it came to telling the last blokes fortune, she looked at him strangely and said something like "I cant/wont read your fortune"....she wrote something on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope and instructed him not to open it till he got home...Leaving her, and walking outside, the bloke was confused but decided not to read what the letter contained...As he walked accross the road he got knocked down by a car and was killed stone dead!!!
    When his friends went to him they saw the envelope, opened it and the letter inside read RIP.....

Freaky or what!! may not be a true story but hey it gave me the heebee jeebees:eek:

That's just a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

Me and a few people i know went to her we were all told that we'll get married and live in a two storey house near a bridge and have famous sportmen as sons. She actually really freaked me out :eek:she was so strange!!!! She only took €14 off us. I thought id never get out of the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ninibutts, that's hilarious! send it to Stephen King or Wes Craven.

I've always wondered if these people are so good at reading the future etc then why can't they feckin predict the lotto numbers or the winner of the Grand National! Quacks the lot of em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I heard about a guy down in Youghal who reads tea leaves who's suppose to be very good. Anyone know/heard anything about him?

White Witch..shite, wouldn't recommend her at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

ninibutts, that's hilarious! send it to Stephen King or Wes Craven.

I've always wondered if these people are so good at reading the future etc then why can't they feckin predict the lotto numbers or the winner of the Grand National! Quacks the lot of em.

Well TBH I think people who, if they did possess clairvoyance, wouldn't be interested in that much money, or give the right predictions to a greedy person. Plus why not put forth another fortune teller who gets the vast majority of his/her predictions right, and demands €1-2k a session with rich people?

They probably do it mainly to just help people go forth in life, they themselves might know it isn't through, or be confused/some cases hysterical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

there is some guy in ballincollig.. cant remember his name but my friend went to him and he told her that she would get married again but not to a controlling b***ard like her present husband. she had not told him she was seperated.. and yeah, he was/is a control freek. I dont suppose anyone can think of his name. if I find out I will let ye know

I went to Madam Rose Lee at the weekend and she was brilliant!! Was able to tell me all about my life and friends family etc she got everything right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ninibutts wrote: »

There are several of those urban myths and I'm sure they exist in every town in the world, they're just applied to whomever happens to be the local fortune teller.
    A girl from Ballyvolane did readings for a bunch of us five years ago. To be fair, she seemed to know stuff about our collective past and present (not the stuff she could easily tell by talking to us, but stuff like the names of dead grandparents). However her future predicting skills were crap! ;) Seriously though, none of the good sh1t she said would happen for me has happened... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Hayden* wrote: »
    I went to Madam Rose Lee at the weekend and she was brilliant!! Was able to tell me all about my life and friends family etc she got everything right.

Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay to have this woman tell you what you already knew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

hahaha ...

"Your going to be ripped off .... woooooooo"

That'll be 40 euro please ..

What a load of B*LLICKS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I can't believe that in this day and age people still go to these charlatans - and that they hand them good money.

Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay to have this woman tell you what you already knew?

She didnt just tell me what I already knew she told me problems my friends etc are having so I can help them and also told me bout my future. Its only a bit of fun going to them! But a bit freaky too when she says things that are personal!

If you dont believe it then why are you even reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

deRanged wrote: »
    I can't believe that in this day and age people still go to these charlatans - and that they hand them good money.

Exactly. I think a lot of people need to educate themselves on the technique of cold reading. You'd be amazed how much information can be gleamed from you without you even realising.

http://skepdic.com/coldread.html
    http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/index.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btP_vy5cQq4

She didnt just tell me what I already knew she told me problems my friends etc are having so I can help them and also told me bout my future. Its only a bit of fun going to them! But a bit freaky too when she says things that are personal!

If you dont believe it then why are you even reading this thread.

How much? :rolleyes:

€70

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

€70

I'm speechless.

I'm speechless.

If your not interested in getting your fortune told fair enough but for people who do she was good and the white witch was shocking. She was just a complete weirdo. And she charged €14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

€70

70 bucks .. jaysus they saw you coming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

she is the biggest chancer of them all my god.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

My god! 70 is a bit on the dear side.

I went to a guy when I was about 16 with some of my friends. Think he was like 20 pounds back then. He freaked me out so much I dont think I could ever go back to one again!!

I'm speechless.

You're not the only one! I was thinking €30, maybe €40 at most. That is pure exploitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

€70?!!! Bit much! I'd only part with max €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact for Veronica in Blackpool?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    I heard about a guy down in Youghal who reads tea leaves who's suppose to be very good. Anyone know/heard anything about him?

White Witch..shite, wouldn't recommend her at all.

yeah his name is billy drake.... he is very good as is eileen bulman in bishopstown. Of the two i thought Eileen was very accurate:eek:

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact for Veronica in Blackpool?Thanks
    she changes her number but she is very good... speaks to ghosts though so if someone you know has died recently i WOULD NOT reccommend you go to her

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Wow I've gone to a few and €70 is very steep.
    One told me my best friend would die within 5 years, that was about 4.5 years ago. And she described my best friend to a tee. That was harsh.

I read the ariticles on cold reading someone posted there. I'm sure some people do that, but sometimes it's really not possible. I went to one in the RDS, she didn't know me at all, just walked over and sat down, and she was able to name the exact suburb my then-sort-of girlfriend lived. Now there is no way I got a different meaning and created the significance myself. A name is a name.

If you don't believe it fine, good for you, you higher being you. But some things are unexplainable.

totally agree with Dory sometimes its all a bit to close... me being a former skeptic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭the_follwer

went to the white witch with some *friends* a while ago and what she said so far has come true!!
    as we *or i* know we have more than one life path. i had two and choose one over the other. so we all control our own destiny, the white witch is there to guide you and whether you take her advice or not is upto you.
    she helped me pick the right choices.
    ...now when ur approached by some shabby 'madame rose' who looks for 50 eu before she even opens her mouth. talks with a garbage mouth and you end up telling her your future then slate her good name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement