Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question?

Options
  • 04-03-2005 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

whats the difference between

thread_dot_lock.gif this locked thread
    thread_hot_lock.gif this locked thread, and
    thread_lock.gif this locked thread.

one thread might have the first, another might have the second and some have the third. what circumstances decide which icon the boards use?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The third one is just a regular locking. The middle one is when a "hot topic" is locked. And, I'm not too sure, but the first may be a topic you've posted in that got locked.

I guessed the middle one from it's name (thread_hot_lock) and went from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

whats the difference between

thread_dot_lock.gif this locked thread
    thread_hot_lock.gif this locked thread, and
    thread_lock.gif this locked thread.

one thread might have the first, another might have the second and some have the third. what circumstances decide which icon the boards use?

The Solution is mainly in the image names, but I'm not 100% sure of the first one:

thread_dot_lock.gif - I think it's an ordinary (i.e. non-popular) locked thread that you have posted in, but I'm not sure.
    thread_hot_lock.gif - A locked popular thread (over whatever amont of views)
    thread_lock.gif - An ordinary locked thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

oh i see thanks. it was just wondering the differene.

Advertisement