Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath By-election: Who will you vote for?

Options
  • 04-03-2005 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

As above :)

Who will you vote for in the Meath by-election on March 11th? 12 votes

Fergal Byrne (Green)
    0% 0 votes
    Sirena Campbell (Progressive Democrats)
    8% 1 vote
    Shane Cassells (Fianna Fail)
    16% 2 votes
    Dominic Hannigan (Labour)
    8% 1 vote
    Shane McEntee (Fine Gael)
    50% 6 votes
    Liam Ó Gógáin (Independent)
    16% 2 votes
    Joe Reilly (Sinn Fein)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Someone move this to the politics forum pleeeeease!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

well it is kind of relevant to the north-east so why not leave it here, i'm seventeen, i'll be voting from october onwards. i won't vote here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Joe reilly seems to have a funny font?

you will notice that on all polls on boards.ie, your selection becomes italicised. but since you voted joe...

What section?

• Advertisement

your sel-ec-tion. your choice. the candidate receiving your support.

"do rogha" as joe & co would call it.

italicised means like this or "funny font".

Why arent the rest italicised

Sorry iam slow.MY Selection becomes italicised?

yeah the person you chose becomes italicised on your screen only. for instance, if i was to vote for Ulick Magee, Ulick Magee would appear Ulick Magee

• Advertisement

Funny

They're all pretty equally worthless really. The last thing I want to see though is the shinners getting any purchase in this country so that conner O'Reilly would be at the bottom of my list. After that I'd stick Shane 'Norbert' Cassells for looking like a hank of piss. I'll take one of the remainder; maybe FG.

they're not worthless, they're representatives of the different social groups. if you want the county with the richest heritage in the country to become that with the most expensive transport (damned tolls) vote FF. PDs and SF are also bad moves. McEntee or Hannigan folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

ill probably vote a green, wouldnt bother with the rest of that bunch.

None of em seem to have a hard aim...all just vote me and ill do all the work afterwards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Can't vote but after watching Sirena Campbell on the box last week I'd say she did herself more damage than good. Her 'Not in my back yard' (incinerator issue) is a typical couldn't give a damn about anyone else attitude, instead of actually dealing with the issue itself. Dominic Hannigan (Labour) gave a good account of himself and has a background in planning which is something that the county needs.

None of em seem to have a hard aim...all just vote me and ill do all the work afterwards :P
    Just last week I nearly drove across Shane Cassells on the N3 road to dublin at about 8am in the morning, doing his wee PR thing. Daft fecker. Nobody gave a feck about him either - half the people didn't seem to know who he was and the other half nearly hit him with their cars. He's a deffo no-no for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Evilution wrote:
    Just last week I nearly drove across Shane Cassells on the N3 road to dublin at about 8am in the morning, doing his wee PR thing. Daft fecker. Nobody gave a feck about him either - half the people didn't seem to know who he was and the other half nearly hit him with their cars. He's a deffo no-no for me.

I passed him too ... What exactly was he doing there ..? I had to laugh !

he looks like he's wearing lipstick on his placards. he's terrible. i'd say there's lads in junior cert cspe in pats who know their stuff better than him. hannigan is your man. a civil engineer, he'll sort out every planning issue in meath. m3, unfinished estates, disintegrating schools,

Evilution wrote:

Why DIDNT you run over him.PM me next time and ill get out me mountain bike,if he is on the road again. ;)

• Advertisement

Looks like Shane 'Norbert' Cassells lost out, thank christ. I guess his early morning rendezvous on the N3 did him no good in the end :D Twat that he is. I'm just hoping I see the tide turning here and the possibility of FF being ousted in the 2006 elections.

Evilution wrote:
    I'm just hoping I see the tide turning here and the possibility of FF being ousted in the 2006 elections.

Amen.
    I watched McEntee and Kenny in Simonstown on Saturday night, and I said to myself: "Wouldn't it be great to have a Taoiseach one day who isn't the puppet of Developers, entrepreneurs and landowners all over the land, but who is proficient in the English language and speaks with enthusiasm, authority, and a sincerity rarely found in modern politics.

Fine Gael-Labour 07

upmeath wrote:
    Amen.
    I watched McEntee and Kenny in Simonstown on Saturday night, and I said to myself: "Wouldn't it be great to have a Taoiseach one day who isn't the puppet of Developers, entrepreneurs and landowners all over the land, but who is proficient in the English language and speaks with enthusiasm, authority, and a sincerity rarely found in modern politics.

Fine Gael-Labour 07

It was all going great for me until Shane McEntee started crying. Hmmmm, politicians crying??? I don't like that, reeks of wussiness to me. But feck it, he won so he's entitled to a little bit of the waterworks if he likes.
    I'm just hoping that there will be a total absence of Shane Cassells in the Chronicle from now on - his face offends me and I just can't stand the sight of him. Begone, you pissy lanky beanpole.
    Wouldn't be bad seeing Enda 'Steven Silvermint' Kenny as Tea-shock, would it? He's got the minerals I reckon. FF have more than proved that they can fukk up the country; why don't they give someone else a chance now.

Yeah Kenny and Rabbitte is the way forward for this hole. Shane Cassells is a donkey. I reckon what Fianna Fail were trying to do with him was get the young voters. Well sorry, Fianna Fail, but the youth of Co Meath are currently spoken for by Damien English. Copycat tactics don't sway the electorate. Cassells was all over the Chronicle last week, basically claiming responsibility for "schools" in the Navan area being re-roofed. He did S.F.A., the party just thought that might get him students' votes and parents' votes too. And what sort of a fool poses for photographers having a picnic with mummy on Mothers' Day? Donkey

And what sort of a fool poses for photographers having a picnic with mummy on Mothers' Day? Donkey

Really?

I heard kids saying iam gonna vote for the man with the lipstick:P lol!

upmeath wrote:
    Yeah Kenny and Rabbitte is the way forward for this hole. Shane Cassells is a donkey. I reckon what Fianna Fail were trying to do with him was get the young voters. Well sorry, Fianna Fail, but the youth of Co Meath are currently spoken for by Damien English. Copycat tactics don't sway the electorate. Cassells was all over the Chronicle last week, basically claiming responsibility for "schools" in the Navan area being re-roofed. He did S.F.A., the party just thought that might get him students' votes and parents' votes too. And what sort of a fool poses for photographers having a picnic with mummy on Mothers' Day? Donkey

The fukkin' sight of Shane Cassells annoys me. The state of him!!!! What is he - some second rate sports journo for a **** paper who only got into the press because he's related to a meath football team icon. That stain has no charisma and has just one expression for his face - stupid. As the drill sargeant in Full Metal Jacket said - "I didn't know they stacked **** that high".

LOL

"I didn't know they stacked **** that high".

Yep

God's Honest Truth. When the local papers had their little picture parade of by-election candidates canvassing, they showed McEntee with Kenny & McGuinness in some school in Navan, Hannigan and Rabbitte in an unfinished estate in Ratoath, and Shane Cassells lying out on someone's lawn with his mother, staring lustily into one anothers eyes, and saying "Mum, do you know any donkeys?"

upmeath wrote:
    Shane Cassells lying out on someone's lawn with his mother, staring lustily into one anothers eyes, and saying "Mum, do you know any donkeys?"

Ok, show of hands, do we now nickname shane cassells 'Eeyore' (the mule from Winnie the Pooh)?

• Advertisement

LOL

Or simply...donkey

Advertisement