Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundrum S.C

• 04-03-2005 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Was there breifly yesterday, was actually not too busy despite what they said on the news. Houses of Fraiser is pretty excellent but apart from that there's not too much to appeal to me. Zara...H+M...Jane Norman are all disgracefully bad. Roll on the summer of Harvey Nichols!
    Any one been there? Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

there myself yesterday wasnt too impressed either, didnt like the layout of the centre,shops wise its just like dublin city centre,with a few newbies that arent up to much. House of fraser cosmetics department reminded me of BTs with the same morgue like atmosphere,also had to dodge cosmetic assistands trying to spray me with migraine inducing prefume every few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

new shiny things impress me, so i was very impressed, and bought lots, mostly in penneys but also in bershka. having lived in london, i cannot wait for harvey nichols, i might actually wet myself with excitement come september...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i wish they had a gap shop or abercrombie. i hear the car park is amazing too, cant wait to try it out

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

I havn't been yet but was suprised there to see berska is there!! wohoo was in one in Spain and have wanted to go back ever since got my best fitting jeans there. I love H and M too please don't tell me it's crap here it's always brilliant in other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

just go to the states....(if you can afford it)......i went for a 2 week holiday to new york and Long island....i went to Riverhead shopping mall in Long Island.....damn amazing...i spent thousands in one day....all the famous brands all in two huge parks...each with individual sections......amazing place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

impressive architecture good cappucino an edge on the sales, a bit of head space from de kids every now and then, i live a mile away, near but not 2 near, the open area with water feature is well made, the area around frangos is well made architecture, i was expecting bad and actually think it is a sensational spot, maybe coz i shop very little, but when i need to well wont have to trudge off on a 20 mile round trip to liffey stab ya or tallgloomia [god 4give am i a south dub smug sob or wha] :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

its crap and I hope it burns to the ground.
    Only messin, I just think it will end up like all the other centres in a few years time.

I would only go there for the new pennies, cause its probly the only thing I could afford, yeah i'm spiteful but better that than spending money i don't got!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Have to say not as exciting as i expected so far. I mean its good but that about it. i live about a mile from it too. And today i tought it was very dull indoors like the lighting was not right .... just seemed wrong. And one more thing they could have done a bit of a tidy up outside all the rubish and building stuff around looks very bad. I'm looking forward to the cinema, virgin and the pizza hut / Mickey D's etc. That will be when we can judge it properly (or when the whole lot is completed even).

I do think ppl are judging it too early wait till its finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

This Dundrum shopping centre thing... I really don't understand it.

Why are people getting so excited about something which is just about taking your money?

Do you really need to go spend your money on pointless stuff...?

I just don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

The only reason im interested in it is cos i live near it if it was like 5 miles away i couldnt give a toss. There is nothin to Dundrum since the bowling ally closed (even before that). At least now there will be a cinema and a few places to eat. Having said that town is now only 14mins away too with the luas. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

dublindude wrote:
    Do you really need to go spend your money on pointless stuff...?

I just don't get it.

Quite the moronic statement there, you're probably too tragically hip to understand it though. Does it take a lot of work to be so blasé all the time?

What is your definition of 'stuff' with a point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Sangre wrote:
    Quite the moronic statement there, you're probably too tragically hip to understand it though. Does it take a lot of work to be so blasé all the time?

What is your definition of 'stuff' with a point?

Hey take some of your own advice. Only a moron would feel the need to be such a smartass on the internet.

OK - everyone is talking about this shopping centre. But why?? Sure, I understand people love shopping and spending their money on crap (don't get me wrong, I enjoy wearing nice clothes etc.) but it's just a new shopping centre... another place to spend your hard earned money...

Personally, I think we are better off WITHOUT shopping centres sprouting up everywhere, people going mad to buy everything, people thinking buying = happiness, putting things on your credit card etc etc etc.

As I said. I just don't get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

The Bershka is total tosh :rolleyes:

Nothing like the stuff you'd see in Spain etc.

It's a bit weird too that tesco is on like the 2/3rd floor? why didn't the put it on the ground floor, surely it'd be easier for trolleys n stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

ah but that's what the ridiculously terrifying travelators are for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I liked House of Frasier and Jane Norman, didn't get a chance to visit Zara or Pull and Bear but I generally like their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

true enough dublindude, they are killing the small businesses that were in the old shopping centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Haven't gotten out there yet, I'm kinda curious but it's not a big deal. H&M I'd like to see, hopefully the odd bargain!

• The Bershka is total tosh. Nothing like the stuff you'd see in Spain etc.

Strange, that, because I was in Spain recently and some of the stock is the same, especially the jeans and a lot of the long sleeved tops.

I thought the Zara and Pull and Bear were disappointing, way too small and bad selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

dublindude wrote:
    OK - everyone is talking about this shopping centre. But why?? Sure, I understand people love shopping and spending their money on crap (don't get me wrong, I enjoy wearing nice clothes etc.) but it's just a new shopping centre... another place to spend your hard earned money...

Personally, I think we are better off WITHOUT shopping centres sprouting up everywhere, people going mad to buy everything, people thinking buying = happiness, putting things on your credit card etc etc etc.

As I said. I just don't get it...

The big deal is basically its twice the size of Tallaght/Blanchardstown and it has loads of shops never seen in Ireland before, ok?
    And you know the thing about hard earned money? Well, you've earnt it so you can spend it on whatever the hell you want.

Hey, I haven't been yet and my fecking Uncle/Aunt's company designed the place and I have no real intention of going any time soon.

Advertisement