Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

movies on the psp [help]

Options
  • 04-03-2005 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭

im sick and tired of trying to get movies on my psp
    ive asked L5 now so many times to help and he does help alot but it still doesnt work i only get part of the movie on my psp

i use the decrypter then the updated 3g program, what am i doing wrong i want to get lord of the rings on my psp

i tried it today again but i only got the introdution to the movie for **** sake i dont know where im going wrong

help will be very much thankful please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any little help at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

snoopdog wrote:
    im sick and tired of trying to get movies on my psp
    ive asked L5 now so many times to help and he does help alot but it still doesnt work i only get part of the movie on my psp

i use the decrypter then the updated 3g program, what am i doing wrong i want to get lord of the rings on my psp

i tried it today again but i only got the introdution to the movie for **** sake i dont know where im going wrong

help will be very much thankful please

Decrypter? Are you putting DVDs on the PSP?

Start simple, get an MPEG1 clip and us the 3G program to convert. Dont rename the file, just copy over.

If part plays as you say, then the PSP isnt at fault, the conversion process is, mostly its came across something in the video original it couldnt transcode.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Have you tried this tutorial:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404/

I dont know about DVDs, I only have a 32Meg memory stick so not much of an option there for me, but it plays small mpeg files just fine when you follow those instructions

Matt Simis wrote:
    Decrypter? Are you putting DVDs on the PSP?

Start simple, get an MPEG1 clip and us the 3G program to convert. Dont rename the file, just copy over.

If part plays as you say, then the PSP isnt at fault, the conversion process is, mostly its came across something in the video original it couldnt transcode.

Matt
    ya im trying to get a dvd on my psp

you know the Decrypter

once you Decrypt the dvd what size of file should you usually get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It will be 3gb+ unless it is automatically splitting it into smaller parts.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    It will be 3gb+ unless it is automatically splitting it into smaller parts.
    3gb :eek: never ever got even near that

it must be spitting it how do i stop it

I assume your using IFO mode.

Go into setting and under the IFO tab you can change the splitting there. If your drive is FAT32 formated you will not be able to go past 4gb for a single file. There are no such limits on NTFS.

Ciaran500 wrote:

Go into setting and under the IFO tab you can change the splitting there. If your drive is FAT32 formated you will not be able to go past 4gb for a single file. There are no such limits on NTFS.
    thanks ill try again

Ciaran500 wrote:

when you say setting do you mean mode and change it to what in mode iso or file

• Advertisement

Just go to mode>IFO. I is the shorcut.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Just go to mode>IFO. I is the shorcut.
    i was all ways in IFO I but how do i split it from there

I've just ripped a film with DVD decryptor. In IFO mode without any file splitting. I got 2 files a 102KB IFO file and a 5gb VOB file. If I put the VOB file through 3GP it will come out as a MP4.

Where is your problem?
    Are you getting similar results after the ripping?

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I've just ripped a film with DVD decryptor. In IFO mode without any file splitting. I got 2 files a 102KB IFO file and a 5gb VOB file. If I put the VOB file through 3GP it will come out as a MP4.

Where is your problem?
    Are you getting similar results after the ripping?

i only get ony kb files i think vob 78.184 then when i click on that file it says at the side [where details are] is says 76.mb

so im a bit confused

but i tried it again there a few minutes ago taught i had it but it was only half of the movie [split the files this time by 1mb]

can you tell me about file splittting

DVD decryptor will automatically split files to make them easier to handle. To stop this go into Tool>Setting and change it in the IFO tab.

Its likely you are only ripping on section of the movie. To select the main movie select the part that corresponds to the length of the movie. e.g. in the pic the film I'm using is 1hr 42min so I select that.

dvd1vb.jpg

i think i finally got it right i got a full lenght movie on my psp hopefully i wont run into more trouble thanks Ciaran

also how man movies can be put on a 512mb memory stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

snoopdog wrote:
    i think i finally got it right i got a full lenght movie on my psp hopefully i wont run into more trouble thanks Ciaran

also how man movies can be put on a 512mb memory stick

you can put loads of simpsons episodes or tv shows though.
    a 1 gig card can hold about 2 movies

wish there were higher cards really :(

where can i get simpsons shows i dont have any simpson dvds

www.play.com are selling the Simpsons DVDs.

Advertisement