Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Gimmick Ever?

• 04-03-2005 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Mine would have to be Right to Censor just bugged the crap out of me. Then theres every single perry Saturn gimmcik,good wrestler sometimes thats it.

Whats yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We had a good thread on this already. See here

Some truly awful mofos there. Best forgotten really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Reading that i saw golddusts name. Thats not a bad gimmick, strange werid disturbing all get 10/10 but my god was seriously funny. espically when he came back for a few months in 2002 or was it 2001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

max moon the Spaceman from the outer reaches of uranus, complete with jetpack accessory finisher was the moonsault ...........lovley

The stalker who invaded the WWF wearing camouflage. nobody was quite sure how that was supposed to help him blend into a wrestling ring.......i was more afraid of the freindly ultimate warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Reverend D-Von gimmick wasn't great at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I wasnt big on the Gobbldy Gooker thing. Rev D-Von could have worked but it came across terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Los Conquestadores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Shockmaster!
    http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/431.html

Now thats a threadkiller if I've ever seen one!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

HHH as worlds (i didnt put the s in there) heavyweight title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

Ooh, burn =P

Hmm..for me, it'd have to be; Papa Shango,, Kane, The Undertaker and Komala .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Los Conquestadores? I presume your not talking about the Edge & Christean Los Conquestadores because that was just pure genious

• Advertisement

That was a fiarly comical angle. The shuffling down to the ring got me in stitches every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Mantaur gets my vote
    Half Man, Half Cow, All Bulls**t

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

Los Conquestadores? I presume your not talking about the Edge & Christean Los Conquestadores because that was just pure genious

fairly bad gimmick until E&C fought them for the tag titles only to be beaten by them and then the unmasking only to discover is was matt & jeffy hardy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Kevin Nash as "OZ" back in his WCW days was a total farce - look it up on the net, it has to be seen to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Reverend D-Von gimmick wasn't great at all...

I thought that was okay. It was Deacon Batista that truly blew.

The Fitz wrote:
    Los Conquestadores

That was comic genius. Eeeeehh Si Senór

Mr America was probably the worst. That and Zack Gowan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Goldust with Touret's syndrome... quite strange.

That had it moments though! Like when Test was caught looking at a playboy by Stacy because of Goldust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Yep, Mr America & Zach Gowan, now they were some real porkers, lol,
    I aint sure whether you'd call it a gimmick, but the whole Kane unmasked thing. Really ruined an awesome character.

Also La Resistance & Muhammed Hussain for obvious reasons. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

the stalker who dressed in camoflage to blend in with the ring wtf like?!?!?!?

Advertisement