Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worth getting front wing resprayed?

Options
  • 04-03-2005 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

As saome of you saw i just bought a second hand alfa 156 a few days ago, shes in great nick and im very happy with it. However there are a couple of things on the body work i wouldnt mind sorting, im gonna start a post later with pictures but at the mo my ntl bb is acting up and i cant upload so that will do later

anywho the front wing on the passenger side was tipped a few years ago by the owner, it was repaired and re sprayed, however a poor job was done on the respray and it doesnt match (its a silver car)

What im wonderin is should i bother getting it respraid, what are the chances of getting a match? anyone any idea of cost? or where i could get it done in dublin or wexford for cheaper than an alfa dealer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Silver is one of the hardest colours to match sometimes its hard to know if its been the wing that has been painted or the whole side ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lol, no its def the wing, had the car checked out and its in perfect nick, it was owned by a 55 year old lady for 6 years so unfortunately these things do happen!

any idea where i could get it resprayed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

where you based?

Dun Laoghaire, parents are in wexford and im there once every 3 weeks or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

am no use to u then, only good re-sprayer I know is in galway :-S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ever use them? look pretty good and prices are good too!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

nope, but will soon to get a scuff on my front bumper and some supermarket trolley dents removed. I know others who have used them and their cars look the business!

wonder would they fix small dents, doesnt look like it from the webby?

wonder does call out cost much more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

kbannon wrote:

they actually give paint work to somebody else off north strand:)

Silver is one of the hardest colours to match .................;)

not true, the main problem is that people do not spray enough coats which allows primer to shine through and this makes color coat darker

• Advertisement
Advertisement